Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it only in France that your skis get stolen?

Poster: A snowHead
That seemd to be the general view on my last trip anyways. (and seems to tie in with my fading memory of tales from here)

Thought that it might be useful to have a list of who has what kit stolen and from where:

Who's going to kick this off?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, There is a poster called Tea Leaf who has an inside track on these things ifirc Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://austrianindependent.com/news/General_News/2010-12-29/5808/Police_up_ski_theft_focus

wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
verbier too (switzerland), although to be fair the locals blame the french rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had my favourite T shirt stolen from a drying room in the Lake District. Cumbrians - all scumbags wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've heard that they are building a Snowdome in Liverpool Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sequoiaboard, snow has all been stolen though
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
My poles vanished from outside a restaurant (in town not pisteside) in Saalbach a few weeks back, all of our groups' skis were locked up but the poles of course weren't

Fenland Skier
Quote:
The biggest pain I found was reporting the theft of hire skis to the Police in Italy

My Family 2

So, the answer to the question is "no".

Next question?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Only had poles stolen, and that was in the lobby of a hotel (in US). Back turned for a few seconds and gone. They replaced the pair I broke the day before, and had to buy another pair to replace them (which I broke a few years later so on yet another pair now!).

Basically anywhere there's a good opportunity they can be gone. So don't make it easy. Not places like mountain top restaurants right next to a gondola, in the resort left outside a bar while you're inside all night or really anywhere out of your sight and easy for them to take away. Lock them up, split the skis, and being somewhere that they can only ski to makes it harder to just wander off with a pair without being noticed and is more hassle for them (especially with my heavy skis Very Happy ).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had my gloves and goggles taken from a boot room at Lauterbrunnen station, in the five muntues it took me to realise i hadn't picked them up,

And this year one of our group had his skis taken outside a cafe in verbier. It turned out to be a case of a mad woman taking the wrong skis by mistake and they were nothing like her skis but just happened to be the right binding size.. bizarre, but it cost us over half hour skiing and we'd just got through to the police when she turned up again. Apperently she only realised when she got on the gondola!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm in Canada atm and ask my instructor if ppl bother to lock them. No one does apparently, and he hadn't heard of anyone having had theirs nicked. There are a few warning signs about.

He added when in France he was vv careful and always ski swapped.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a new pair of Oakley A frame goggles nicked off a helmet when we stopped for lunch in Val D'Isere about 4yrs ago, no one wanted my skis.
In Canada at the moment we lock the skis but most folks don't. They put the skis in the lockable racks but not the locks if the locks cost less then $26 the temptation ......... Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nothing locked up in Sunshine today. I locked mine at the bus pickup at the bottom of the gondola when I nipped in a coffee.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Alberta/Eastern BC it doesn't seem to be an issue at all; just visit one of the lodges on a weekend- equipment lying about everywhere. Race skis on racks everywhere We once left a bage at NAkiska with 4 helmets, loads of kit etc- all still there the next day. At COP I think there may be a bit of an issue- quite few kids from our club have had stuff go missing , to the extent that I think it could be theft. One firend left his veido camera in his bag all day. I've seen people n lodeg leave laptops etc lying around unattended.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some tealeaf stole my waxing iron from the ski room of a well known British tour operator last December. The ski room was locked and only accesible to hotel guests, so the tealeaf was probably a hotel guest Puzzled
ski holidays
I had the pole mount from a go pro stolen from my ski pole from outside a bar in st Anton last month.

Then a couple of days later somebody also stole my poles. They were only cheap ones
snow report
Poles stolen in Kitzbuhel on the one day I borrowed skis..
Always use my wire lock for the board if I can..
latest report
Skis stolen in St.Anton Evil or Very Mad
Poles stolen in St.Moritz Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Had my rucksack stolen from a bar in Ischgl two weeks ago. It had all my avalanche gear in it plus my jacket, gloves, goggles, helmet and a few other bits and pieces.

And to make things worse, I didn't even have time to get a drink before it was gone! Went in and put it down by my mates who were at the bar, went to to the toilet and when I can back it was gone! Five minutes max.

Ps. The key to my ski lock was in it my jacket pocket too, so then had to go and borrow a pliers to cut my ski lock before the toe rag realised that there was a bonus pair of skis going!

Just preparing the insurance claim now!
latest report
Steilhang wrote:

Poles stolen in St.Moritz Evil or Very Mad

Who is doing all the cleaning jobs?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy