Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les gets & ESF

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a week in Les Gets. Had been very indecisive about booking lessons for myself & the children after last year using ESF at La Chapelle d'Abondance - the instructors there were very nice but their English wasn't the best.
Finally decided to go for 6 x1 hour private lessons with ESF.
The results were fantastic. The children got fantastic instruction on an individual level & the instructors couldn't have been much better at English. I just had 2 lessons myself & felt they were FAR more useful than the 5 x 2.5 hour group lessons I had last year. The instructors I had we're very encouraging and although they did push me, I wasn't uncomfortable or uneasy with what I had to do.
Overall, a great decision to go with ESF - and at a bargain price too! We'll certainly use them again.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is good to hear as one sometimes gets not such good reports, particularly about group lessons.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are native English speakers working for ESF - I have heard that Craig Wilson switched from BASS last year to ESF this year for example. If you are booking a private lesson then you should be able to make a request but with groups you probably just end up with the luck of the draw.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can confirm that both Craig and Dani Wilson work for ESF after switching from BASS. ESF Morzine/Les Gets have invested in native English speakers for the plethora of holiday makers. Dani works for the ESF Sister company called the Snow School. It is still ESF but they wear black jackets and red trousers instead of all red.

ESF/Snow school are no longer the seemingly hard nosed, indifferent French ski school of old. They are very much a reformed outfit which offers excellent lessons for all and at better prices than most of the English ski schools.

I have friends who work for the majority of ski schools in Morzine/Les Gets and they are all comparable but busy so book ahead!!!!! From experience, it is individuals that leave it to the last minute to book that have bad experiences - says it all really!!!!

PS Craig also works for a local rafting company in the Summer so for all that know how popular the PDS area is in the Summer, there is a friendly face to get you out onto the water.

He owes me big style for giving him such good publicity!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy