Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler-thanks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got back on Sunday! Had a great week, thanks to every one for recommending restaurants, Old Spaghetti factory was a good refuelling stop, The Keg House ...great steaks, and a fabulous meal at The Rimrock cafe! But boy did the exchange rate make my wallet squeal, especially with 15% tips on top of the tax!
I had never understood the appeal of a hot tub but am now a convert! The amount of room in the apartment (Horstmann House) was also a revelation, hope to get back soon! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PsychoBabble glad to hear that you had such a good time! Happy

How was the snow? (apart from being cold and white!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks PsychoBabble - we're off to Whistler on 10 March for 1 month (can't wait).

We were last there in 2006 and I can't remember costs being too exorbitant - how times change ...

Can I ask a couple of questions please - can you still ski down to base (inc Creekside)?

How far in advance did you book the Rimrock, did you try Araxi?

Is the Sushi place still there?

Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geetee, Friday to Wednesday was mainly hard packed on the "groomers" (as I will now be calling them!) and well tracked in the bowls but sunny. Thursday was a reasonable amount of fresh powder I guess about 10 cm possibly more and great fun, no fresh snow on Friday day but in the evening started to bucket down...unfortunately we left Saturday morning!
franga, Yes you can ski to base and in fact the runs down to Whistler and Blackcomb were in reasonable condition, didn't go to Creekside on skis but wasdefinitely open.
Booked Rimrock about 6 days in advance and time slots were very limited, didn't try Araxi. There seems to be a few sushi places. You should have a brilliant time, and a whole month....deeply envious!
We stayed in Upper Whistler and the shuttle bus was regular and free, so we got a shock having to pay for the shuttle to creekside, especially as we were down to last of our change having given all our notes to the kids for souvenir shopping! Luckily we had enough and the bus automatically worked out how much coinage you had put in otherwise we would still be on that bus trying to work out how much we had! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im going to whistler March 24th for a week...this thread really has me wishing the next 4 weeks away!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

You should have a brilliant time, and a whole month....deeply envious!

Fab - thanks.

We are travelling with 2 kids (part of a 6 month sabbatical and Whistler is just the start of it) - did you do any of the non-ski activities like dog sledding, zip-wiring etc. Looked at prices for dog sledding ($300 each). They're having a laugh!

More to the point though - are kids welcome at the GLC or Merlins?!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JimSearle wrote:
Im going to whistler March 24th for a week...this thread really has me wishing the next 4 weeks away!

Who did you book with, i'm looking for a week from that date,cheers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JimSearle, snap! 31 sleeps! Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="franga"]
Quote:

More to the point though - are kids welcome at the GLC or Merlins?!

Yes, but they get kicked out at about 8 or 9pm (guess they can still peer through the window wink)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Esdel,

Did it all independently as going to Vancouver, Seattle, and San Francisco afterwards. Flights with BA and then taking the bus from airport to Whistler, staying in the Pan pacific (village). Just hope the plane is not late as planning on taking the (last) 9 pm bus.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy