Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving from Cervinia to Zermatt?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be staying in Cervinia and we will have a car, I was planning to have a dinner or go out in Zermatt. Just checked directions on google maps and saw 237 km, 3 hours 40 mins! I thought its 10km between them. Is there any other way to drive from Cervinia to Zermatt?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
canyeah, Welcome to Snowheads. It is about 10km in a straight line but there are several 3000m+ mountains between them. Ski over and make it lunch, non-skiers can use the cable cars/gondolas.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 21-02-12 16:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
canyeah, I believe that's the only way. That's the reason it's not wise to get stranded on the wrong side skiing, although sometimes people can get trapped on the wrong side due to strong winds. It's cheaper to get a hotel for the night rather than a taxi. Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the answers,

it will be lunch and apres ski in Zermatt then Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
don't leave it too late!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some days when we were there over Christmas the link closed at 2.45pm (I think for maintenance as it was on lovely clear still days), so be careful! I think it's mostly 4pm close though.

It takes some time to get up from Zermatt to Trockener Steg too. Actually if you want to make a party out of it, carry a rucksack with some shoes and clothes for the evening and book a room for the night somewhere in Zermatt, then ski back the next day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also, zermatt is a car free zone, only electric things are allowed in
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, Don't think the cable cars/gondolas join up for walkers at Testa Grigia/ Klein Matterhorn
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pjd - you're correct. You can only travel between Zermatt and Cervinia on skis/board or similar - it's not pedestrian accessible as although you can gondola/cable car all the way from Cervinia to Testa Grigia (the border) you then have to ski down into Zermatt - there's no connecting lift (yet).

If you want to apres in Zermatt hammerite is right - you'll need to pack a bag and stay the night over on the Swiss side as you won't have time to apres and then get back over. Another thing to think about is that if the wind picks up while you're on the Swiss side they may close the lifts back over, although that's less of a problem at this time of year as the drag up to the border generally stays open.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy