Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler, Banff, Sun Peaks or Big White?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am planning a season out in Canada in 2012/13, but wondering where to go, so need some advice. From the research I've done so far I've got the following:

Whistler - Biggest and best, but seems expensive, and a little less personal than somewhere smaller. Is it worth the hype?

Banff - Lots of ski options, there are a lot of companies running season long courses from there, there's the option of 3 ski zones, but I don't like the idea of getting the bus everyday. Have also heard it hardly ever gets above freezing.

Big White - Don't know much about it, seems like a smaller version of Whistler. Anyone say anything on it?

Sun Peaks - Looks like quite a small resort, but still has a large ski area, and large terrain. Haven't spoken with anyone who's been there though. Is there enough to keep you happy for a season?

Any thoughts and comments would be more than welcome.

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're in Banff for a season, then there are probably 4 ski hills to choose from - Lake Louise and Sunshine being the usual two, with Nakiska and Kicking Horse being easily doable by bus trip. Most folk say that there is not enough at Norquay - unless you specifically want to play in the park, or do the Mountain Smoker competition. Never been to the other places you mention, so can't help further.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite a bit on here on that subject if you do a search...
If I were doing another season in Canada (a while back I did 2 ski-bum seasons in Whistler), I'd say probably none of those and go to Nelson, Rossland, or perhaps Revelstoke
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whistler.

All the rest are too small or bland.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whistler - deserved reputation but you need to organised early to find any accomodation which isn't a long bus commute from slopes. Queues on peak weekends and holidays like the worst of Europe until you know the tricks/alternates.

Big White - aka Big Flat/Big Whiteout. Not the most gnarly of places. Family focused, lots of Aussies.

Sun Peaks - don't know always skipped it (& I've skied most hills in BC). Not impressed talking to a rep at ski show once.

Banff - you'll be commuting on the trans Canada everyday (& probably coughing extra for the bus pass). Gorgeous location but if you're there to ski and can't be arsssed too many days because of the commute....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainbear82,

We are about to return to Whistler for the 5th time in 7 years, great resort and lots to do both on and off mountain. IT can get very very busy at times but it is worth it. It can be expencise but if you are careful and go for an appartment with decent cooking facilities you are sorted as there are plenty of super markets to buy stuff and this keeps cost down.

Sun Peaks - is smaller and quieter, not one for night life so not bothered (we are heading back there for a week in a few days) The ski conditions are great and very few lift queues. Good for a week maybe 10 days

Never skied Banff or Big White
Hope this helps snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy