Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A high vis day...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After Sunday's trip through the clouds I was motivated to get back out in the good weather this week and ski one of the other couloir lines in the same area. Will had skied the 'twin sister' of Sunday's line on Monday & reported easy access & great snow - perfect! With a 10a.m. babysitting call an early start was needed so at 7.30 I was leaving the car in Pralognan at the start of the skin up to the summit 'du jour'.

A sweaty hour & a quarter later I was 750m up enjoying the views:

Good snow on the access slope which had been a bit crusty on Sunday:

A bit of bushwhacking on the ab in to the couloir (thanks to Will for the info...):

First turns - perfect powder awaits, Will's tracks still visible though after 2 turns these quickly filled in with sluff:

Great scenery:

Mmmmmmm, yes please:

Rogues gallery:

Plenty more still to come, and still great powder!

Looking up from the final apron - still good snow to be found by sticking to the shadier aspects all the way back to the car Happy

Back at the car for 9.15 and home in time for a coffee before putting my 'Daddy' hat on - not a bad start to the day!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy