Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northface Online Sale????

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if the Northface online store ever discount their stock. I am after a ski jacket, it is stocked in my local Northface store but not in the colour I want. The shop has a sale on and the jacket is discounted, however online it remains at full price. I can't find the jacket in the colour I want in any other uk store or online. I have searched online for discount codes but with no success. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
laura1182, Im guessing the colour you want has sold out. Got a new jacket in the sale the other day, though its full price online Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
laura1182, Im guessing the colour you want has sold out. Got a new jacket in the sale the other day, though its full price online Puzzled
I don't think it is, I have been into the store regularly and they have only ever had the one colour, even though the jacket comes in three different colours. Its the Northface Elemot jacket, in store they have it in gravity purple, but I want acoustic blue, I refuse to pay £280 for it!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Voucher codes for the North Face online store are sometimes posted here on the forum... keep you eye out.

I've a funny feeling that skiwear apparel and hardware is going to start being discounted after this week all over the shop as suppliers struggle for trade. I'm waiting until next week to see what prices do as far as buying stuff for our March trip goes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry could not resist posting this pic Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, Smile Smile

I managed to get a Northface jacket online last year with a discount code that popped up on here December 2010. It was one I had seen - not for skiing as not enough pockets and an attached hood - but I didn't think I could justify it at full price but with the discount, well...

shoogly,
Quote:

I've a funny feeling that skiwear apparel and hardware is going to start being discounted after this week

do you really think so - that would be good. I have some Schoffel trousers that I have had for three years, they are black, but the front of the legs below the line of my jacket have now gone dark blue. I think its the sun when sitting on the chairlifts but I don't think it should happen! Humming and haahing about whether to take them back to S&R but they are three years old now. So maybe if I could get some new ones in a sale next week....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, with the greatest of respect, good luck with that one! Can't see them replacing/refunding a pair of ski trousers that have faded after three years of use.... but if it works let us know, that would be incredible customer service!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ha ha @ Livetoski

Clapham = North Face or Superdry. Fact.

I dont live in Clapham but I do have a North Face jacket...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*The North Face
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers Clarky, without that crucial The, no-one would have known what we are on about wink

Leamington you say?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are North Face jackets (or indeed any high-end brands) all they're cracked up to be?

I skied last week in -15c plus windchill in a fairly cheap ski jacket with a couple of layers underneath and felt quite toasty.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tirol wrote:
Are North Face jackets (or indeed any high-end brands) all they're cracked up to be?

I skied last week in -15c plus windchill in a fairly cheap ski jacket with a couple of layers underneath and felt quite toasty.

I think if you add moisture to the mix thats when a good jacket will stand up and a cheap one wont
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mr black wrote:
Cheers Clarky, without that crucial The, no-one would have known what we are on about wink

Leamington you say?

NehNeh

Yep - well, the parents live there, although I study in Aberdeen and my gf lives in Innsbruck (will move there when I finish uni in June).

You from Leam?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tirol wrote:

In really warm weather, and really bad (not just cold), yes. Just as importantly, they keep doing the job for a lot longer - my TNF kit laps up more abuse than you could reasonably expect it to, and is still lasting really really well.

It's worth pointing out that a lot of the TNF kit isn't that great anymore, more just expensive street wear - if you want quality you have to look more towards the Summit Series level.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SkiG, yes I agree, three years is quite a long time, particularly as we spend most of the winter away. It was strange though as they were fine until towards the end of last season and I suddenly looked at them one day thinking that I had put my blue pair on!
latest report
Pamski, do TNF offer a lifetime warranty? I had a 8 year old Marmot rain shell, the inside fabric/lamination started to wear out around the neck area. I was about to buy a new one when I remembered the warranty. Off I sent it to Marmot (USA) ....they sent me a new one.
latest report
snowman, Any TNF Goretex stuff will do (through Goretex), but I doubt (not that I really know!) any of the rest would.
snow report
Hey Clarky, didnt realise you had responded... as I pretty much forgot all about this thread!

I moved back to Leam a few years back. After spending my teens there and then bumming around for a good few years I have returned and now have a proper/boring (delete as appropriate) job - gutted in some ways but I did a few seasons and travelled but felt it was the right time... well, mrs black did!!

I like Leam but I do pine for the mountains, sea, nice cities, culture, good restau... ; )

Innsbruck, nice, very nice indeed.

And in terms of the Summit Series North Face stuff, it really is good. My hard shell is holding up great. Equally I used to ski in an £80 Westbeach jacket which was warm and good for a few years, but in a trip to Morzine it was raining quite a lot and I ended up very wet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy