Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF

Poster: A snowHead
Why cant they have a better online booking system? Tried to book the other day and its too late apparently; have to wait until we are there. This will mean registering before 9am for a 9am lesson start (for my daughter) - wouldnt it be easier for them to get it sorted beforehand? We should have been there in plenty time to get it sorted but our flight times have been changed so I think they'll be shut before we get there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, Ring them? We used ESF early New Year in Les Arcs and did it by phone and e-mail to confirm, they were very good. Don't know why but never really trust French on line booking systems Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, in English?

Would really like to get it sorted before hand as shes doing a package where they supply the kit and lunch and a bit of play time too. The lessons are only 2.25hrs long as its French half term and start at 9am instead of 9.30. Will be pretty stressful trying to sort out all the paperwork and her ski hire too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, I would get on with it by phone if that is the option now, I am sure that if you work out what you want to say in French and have a go then they will find someone to talk to you. If not then you may find that the lessons are all full when you get there - unless you really know that you can get a place on the package you mention.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott, ring them (they will speak english) or email them directly not the online booking thing. Their office will be open at 8am so not ideal but you will have time to go and sort out before the 9.00 start. Bonne chance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
thefatcontroller, in English?

Yeah, there is always someone there who speaks English.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoot shoot shoot. Just phoned. Not allowed to book by phone either and there is limited availability Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, Bizarre. Where you going?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, Les Arcs 1800. I think it must just be because they are so busy? Silly me, thinking we'd missed British half term by a week I wasn't overly worried about getting her booked in. Booked her in to Arc Adventures now so at least I wont have sleepless nights Laughing Their lesson times are the normal 2.5 hrs 9.30 am start. Im sure Megamum used them before - will go and check my previous thread.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott, Will PM the details of a lady back office bookings lady we dealt with in ESF Arc 200 who was very helpful. i will give you my details and you can reference our booking adn see if she can help. Give me a few minutes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Why didn't you book earlier, I have never had any problem with the system. If you leave everything to the last minute on the busiest week of the year what do expect.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, Will PM the details of a lady back office bookings lady we dealt with in ESF Arc 200 who was very helpful. i will give you my details and you can reference our booking adn see if she can help. Give me a few minutes.

Can I claim a new nanny filter substitution here?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fogliettaz, It must be great to be perfect.... rolling eyes

fatbob, Toofy Grin Laughing

Shimmy Alcott, Have PM'd you some details.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, I'm glad you recognise the fact wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Fogliettaz, It must be great to be perfect....

Laughing
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, We have just had a week with arc adventures, they have been brill, minime( 8 ) had a great week with them.
How many half term weeks do the French have, we were there last week that was half term, this week is half term, and next week?.
Jees
Any way, e meeting point for AA is by the transarc lift, from robs place it will take you 5-10 mins skiing and skating depending on ESF traffic that's in the way.
Enjoy it's a great place.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 20-02-12 17:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, I remember something similar happening to us about 3 years ago when we drifted into ESF somewhere around 16th December to book our visiting grand-daughter into her first set of classes - we were complete novices at this and had no idea that we would have to fit in with what was left. It wasn't a problem in the end having her ski in the afternoon but we made sure after that to get classes (since then with 360 and BASS) booked well in advance but you live and learn don't you. Hope it all works out.
snow report
ricfrench, thanks Smile getting very excited now. Glad you had a good time.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Cool
latest report
Pamski, I blame La Giettaz for making everything far too simple for us Laughing
snow report
You'll love it, forgot to leave any fizzy stuff for you, I was planning on a can of strongbow but mrs ricfrench in her ever efficient way cleared the place out!!
snow report
ricfrench, bet the inbetweeners would have snaffled it anyways Wink but, If you'd care to give me notice of where your next ski hol is and when, I'll make sure I'm the week immediately after yours - no point taking any risk in these matters
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, If I can wangle it, next feb half term at robs place. Just put the house up for sale though so a ski holiday next year might have already gone tits up Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Try ESI
snow report
ricfrench, UK half term last week, but French schools have a two week break. Each zone has a different two weeks, so it is actually spread out over a month. Paris holidays started this weekend, which is why it is very busy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy