Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche Deaths Washington State

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17092780

Quote:
At least three people are said to have died and as many as eight are believed missing after an avalanche near a ski resort in the US state of Washington.

Reports of the disaster near the Stevens Pass ski area began arriving at midday local time (20:00 GMT).

The resort is located in the Cascade Mountains north-east of Seattle.

Stevens is a day resort which draws heavily on skiers from the city area and has a base elevation of 4,061 ft (1,238 m).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also snowboarder killed by avy at Alpental area. Fortunately the 8 missing at Stevens seem to have been accounted for. The NF snow tracker showing 35 inches in 24 hours at Mt Seymour so assume Pac NW has been buried.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, the North Shore got pounded, shame you can't really make much use of it. I think we got more than Whistler Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Powder Magazine reported as well, sounds a little like one skier set of a small avalanche which got bigger and took out people lower down.

Quote:
STEVENS PASS, WASH. Powder has confirmed that three people have died in an avalanche in the backcountry outside of Steven’s Pass resort near Leavenworth, Washington. Members of the Powder staff were on site and involved in the rescue. According to those on the scene, the avalanche was skier-triggered, and started small, but propagated, capturing three others. It ran approximately 3,000 feet, according to the witness. The fourth victim reportedly deployed an airbag and escaped serious injury.

Out of respect for the victims’ families, Powder is not releasing the names the deceased at this time. All three were very familiar with the terrain and experienced backcountry travelers. All others involved in the incident are believed to be safe at this time.

Stevens Pass reported 14 inches of new snow overnight, and 26 inches in the last 24 hours. The Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center rated the danger as considerable to high. We will update this report shortly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Update on the avalanche now online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103521/Stevens-Pass-avalanche-Three-dead-missing.html

Very sad day Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Horrible horrible news. Read about it late last night and it put our day on the hills into perspective Sad

Also two climbers had a BIG fall of Ben Nevis yesterday and sadly one passed away in the incident.

RIP and condolences to all family and friends of those involved in any of the 3 incidents.

Then I heard of the horrible bus crash bringing the school ski holiday skiers home through france Sad

Write up on the Steven's pass here

http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/story/_/id/7593035/avalanche-washington-stevens-pass-kills-three

Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would everyone stop dying please.

RIP
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hadn't read the full reports when I posted before. RIP Jim, freeskiing will miss you. Sad sad day.

I have a triptrip planned for Stevens Pass coming up, not sure the wife will be happy about this.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elyse Saugstad talking about it on TV

http://unofficialnetworks.com/washington-avalanche-tragedy-nbcs-today-show-77517/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy