Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Ecudets lift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A question for the seasoned La Rossers. Has the Ecudets lift been moved since I was last there in Feb 2005? That's the one that gets you back from the excellent Fontaine Froide run through the trees.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All the piste maps from the Internet show it hasn't. I skied it last in 2005 too but wouldn't have thought it could be easily moved because it is not easy to find a large flat area for parking the cars for the visitors. The last time I parked there were two smallish car parks available. Anybody visiting La Rosiere would know there is nothing but hairpin bends between Seez at the valley floor and La Rosiere resort at 1850m level.

Ecudets chairlift terminates at 1176m level. Owing to low altitude the run leading to the bottom seldom had good cover when I skied it so moving it around would not help. It is possible that due to the poor cover that run may be taken out of service. Afterall it isn't a big deal to ask the small number of visitors (due to the small number of the parking spaces) to drive further up to the 1850m level. However I would have thought many hotels at Seez may have hotel buses ferrying clients to the bottom of the Ecudet lift though. It is possible if the business isn't good the resort owner may withdraw the Eucudet chairlift to force the visitors to book with La Rosiere accommodations. That would not be too hard to speculate/imagine knowing the French way of doing business.

Can't be absoultely sure but either the run down to 1176m level or the Ecudet chair wasn't open in every trip I skied La Rosiere. It could also be the case of the lift is used for transferring the visitors back to the car park at the 1176m level with the run is closed.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 19-02-12 18:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was working and Fontaine Froid was well covered when i went on 28th Jan 2012 Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah I should have been more precise. I wasn't asking if it had been removed, I was really asking if the stations had been relocated slightly, particularly the top one. The reason I ask is that I make maps for GPS handhelds and the top of Ecudets lift, according to OpenStreetMap.com, is not where I left it in 2005 Happy I know some lifts do get upgraded and moved from time to time and wondered if that's what has happened here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WiRED, the lift hasn't been moved, but the road has!

They lowered the road as it passes under the lift so that they could run the chair in summer for mountain biking. Previously, it was too low for high vehicles and they had to remove a couple of chairs to leave a gap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevomcd, that confuses things even more!.

Here's an image showing where the lift was the last time I skied there (Feb 2005). The grey track is my GPS trail so I know I'm not making it up.

...and this one shows where OpenStreetMap thinks the lift is now.

As you can see, the top seems to have moved to the big bend in the road. I can't help thinking someone would have noticed that.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update - I just checked Google Earth and there is both sat imagery and Street View imagery of the top lift station at the position in the top map.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy