Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some good old gnarly La Grave Videos and the like 2001 onwards & are helmets neccessary?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following on from a couple of recent threads I decided to go back into the archives this weekend - I and a mate first visited La Grave back in 97 - that first trip we met up with some other Brits and we have skied together now as a group every year since then, and with the same guide, Per As.

Per has become a friend over the years, and I've done other stuff with him that has nothing to do with skiing and mountains, mind you I suppose cycling in the Alps does does have something to do with mountains, and he has had me scampering for my life along the Selvagio Blu Puzzled

He shares my passion for windsurfing and the like and when I drive out I always have a bit of windsurfing kit for him that he wants.

Over the years we have had some great trips, not just in La Grave, but further afield, and it's very difficult to put your finger on what has been the best so far, possibly our first trip to Lyngen sail n'ski & heli - I loved it so much I've now done five trips up there.

Although we all still love to ski / board La Grave on a good day, Per introduced us to ski touring, starting out with half day tours and then ending up doing week long hut to hut tours. As you can see I was a snowboarder, having switched from skiing and has to be said touring with a board is a bit of a pain, and was one of the main reasons I then returned back to skiing, (of course nothing to do with advancing years) though I still take the board out on the odd occasion,

We always filmed our exploits, and this was pre YouTube - one of our group, Simon Bedford, was a lighting cameraman and VT editor, so I would give him my video that I had shot, along with Per as well, and together with his, he'd produce a "film" of that years trip and then burn it to DVD.

So this weekend, I've been ripping the film off the DVD's and then configuring them to upload to Vimeo (as Simon always put good soundtracks to them).

Here are the first three - and if ever you were questioning whether maybe you should wear a helmet - wait till 1min 30sec into the second vid !

Babylon - La Grave 2001 - Simon Bedford from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/37009823

2002 La Grave Heroes - short trailer by Simon Bedford from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/37019538

2003 Whatever - Ski touring Mont Thabor Val Claree Nevache from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/37022327

There's still some other films, and one of the best is our first trip to Lyngen, but have to wait till next week to upload that as I've reached my upload limit this weekend.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 19-02-12 15:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam, Thanks for posting, some good stuff there Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice scorpion.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy