Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiest - hardest Red runs Pas de la casa / soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This will be are 3rd time to Pas de la casa but yet to do a full red run

We are looking for a few easier red runs to break us in, what are the Easiest - hardest Red runs Pas de la casa / soldeu.

And out of the 3 red runs leading into PAS which one is the easiest..We had a look at DirectaI/II on our first trip when we were snowploughers and it looked quite steep quite busy and lots of lumps of snow/ice

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gavatxa to Port is the easiest from what I remember. It doesn't get as busy as the Directa runs and isn't as steep, at least not as steep as the first section of Directa.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just do the runs that your instructor will take you down! I assume you will take lessons as you may be in need of some confidence building! If you get the technique right your confidence will increase! After a week of good instruction it will not matter what colour the piste is! Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I skiied in Pas de la Casa we had a mad instructor (more of a guide) called Thierry I think. He modelled for Gucci, crewed yachts in the carribean and occasionally came down to earth to terrify pupils in his local ski school. I can't comment on the reds as we didn't spend too much time on piste. He prefered going down cliffs and crusted slush about 18" deep.

I don't think I will ever forget the day the big chair lift stopped. He go bored after about 15 minutes, jumped down and then skied underneath telling all of us to meet him in the bar at the bottom when it started moving again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks RobJ,i just youtube'd Gavatxa it looks steepish but wide and not half as busy so hopefully we will try that one .

We are only there 4/5 days so cant do the group lessons .So we are planning on 2 hr private lesson the first 2 days and see how we get on.I would do it on my own but its a bit out of my price range

thanks nyck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Those lessons will do the trick! 2hour private lessons would be the same as a couple of days in group lessons! Your instructor will show you the best way round the mountain!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a bit of a trek from Pas, but the easiest reds in Grandvalira are in the Cortals area between Grou Roig and Soldeu: Enradort, colibrí and Pla de les Pedres. The Pla de les Pedres valley is also where some of the easiest blues are; it's a great place for early intermediates. There's a kind of natural winding half-pipe/boardercross blue (that doesn't seem to have a name on the piste map but is the rightmost of the two pistes that become Riu de les Solanettes) that's a lot of fun. I cut my snowboarding teeth in that valley...

By contrast, the reds in Pas are amongst the steepest in the whole resort, and kind of boring IMO.

There's a lot to discover in Grandvalira; don't spend all your time in the closest sector! And there's a ton of accessible and relatively easy off-piste if the conditions are good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone

Looking at the Temps for 1st-6th march i may be skiing on ice or grass Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

After a week of good instruction it will not matter what colour the piste is!

Roy Hockley, Sorry, but I can't agree with that - theoretically you are correct, but in practice, mind over sense often wins.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We got back late tuesday and had a great time ...

We tried Directa at the very top at the end of day 1 which was a bit of a mistake.lots of moguls on the first half and not a good slope to try for your first ever Red.
The next day we skied to El tar tar and tried a few reds in between there and back and the bottom half of blacks at Mirador & Aliga .Both times we skied back to Pas we went Via Gavatxa/Port

thanks Again for the advice

Where to try next year??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy