Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

National teams in WC?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Amongst the many things about Nick Fellows that bugs me is the way he makes frequent reference to national teams; "Here's Lara Gut from the Swiss ski team", "Another strong performance from team USA today" etc.

Is there really any such thing as national teams in WC racing? I always had the impression that (like any professional sportsmen) the skiers are racing for their own benefit, not as part of a formal team. I mean, there's no "Team cup", is there? I realise this is less applicable in the Olympics where you have to be selected to get into your country's team, and effecively race under that flag.

Just wondering...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There actually is "Team cup", and officially it's called Nations cup. They add all WC points from all races and on end, Austria wins it pretty much every single year Smile
Also for WC races it's same as for Olympics. You need to get selected to team, and only then you can start WC race. It depends on team strength, skiers results etc. to determine number of starting places for each country. And this number can be anywhere between 8 (or 9?) and 1. So, no you can't just appear on start, otherwise there would be 150 Austrians on start, 120 Swiss..., and 3000 Snowheads Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, thanks primoz, interesting. You learn something new every day. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fortunately for GB we get places allocated in Olympics, but according to Fellows nobody bothered to go to have a look at Sochi. I am not sure we have any skiers with the Olympic start qualification these days who have a hope of top 10 finish now CA has changed sport?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I am not sure we have any skiers with the Olympic start qualification these days who have a hope of top 10 finish now CA has changed sport?

We have but its in cross country and freestyle not alpine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy