Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA - Whats it like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, im looking to go skiing next week and with a lack of skiing friends im going it alone. Considering one of the ucpa places, can anyone give me some advice on their experiences of this?

Im 35, intermediate skiier and into skiing more than the nightlife but do like a small drink.

Ive been to Flaine, les arcs and serre chevalier and like all these resorts. Any ideas which is the nicest of the ucpa places and which is most likely to have english and a few slightly older folk of +25.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hiya
There's a few 'which UCPA for me' threads which have some info in (search is at the top of the page) although a lot of the info is a little old. I've been thinking of going away with them and it seems to be that flaine is the 'nicest' ex-club med so a lot of twin rooms, Serre has a pool and is ski-in and I think Cham also has some twin rooms. No first hand info though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indeed, Flaine is a very comfortable centre and because Flaine isn't a great party town, it does attract a slightly more mature crowd. La Plagne is great for intermediates and is also a nice centre. Argentiere is one of the most basic of centres although has a great atmosphere and tend to attract the most hardcore skiers. Tignes would attract a slightly younger crowd although, as an intermediate, the skiing would be great for you.

I've not stayed in Serre Che - but kat.ryb is right about the pool - probably on a par with La Plagne for comfort too.

All have their own small bar that tend to be cheaper than resort bars (that use a strange carnet of vouchers system to pay for beers) and lay on some level of evening entertainment (not compulsory but can be fun!)

My advice would be to base your choice on the skiing available and what best suits your level of experience - everything else will then fall into place.

If you decide to book, use SP2010 to get your £10 snowheads discount (every little helps)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy