Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Courmayeur first week in April? I am wondering what the snow is usually like at that time of year
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hils, I have been the second week in March and the snow was great then. However, as with anything weather-related, there are never any guarantees.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could be a bit slushy except for the limited top runs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, I was thinking perhaps that it wasn't high enough.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what are you looking to do, why Courmayeur?

Courmayeur can be at its best in Spring. Sunny, great food and terasses, icy northern slopes that soften up, more settled weather and great off-piste off the top that's normally closed earlier in the winter, fantastic touring and both the beautiful Val Feret cross country trails and the Helbronner lift to the Mont Blanc massif with the Toule Glacier run and others that you will never forget (guide recommended). Then Chamonix is only 12km away. Beautiful town to boot.

Saying that, there could be better places at that time depending on what you are looking for?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am not up to off piste but have heard it is a pretty resort and not too far from Geneva. I would just be looking to ski the pistes and enjoy the setting but I don't fancy skiing in slush if it is too low or south facing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Courmayeur will be slushy in April - guaranteed.

However, just drive down the valley to Pila. Lots of nice skiing, North Facing, with the bottom of the resort at 1800m, so snow should hold up well. Enjoy your trip....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, I think I will elsewhere then.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sorry, look elsewhere
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hils, of course you run the risk of most places being slushy in April. That's what happens if the weather is too warm. But fresh snowfall and minus temperatures aren't unheard of in April either. The tendency will generally be towards warmer temperatures. I have skied in Courmayeur with bright sunlight and a daytime high of +11ºC. The bottom of the run down to Zerotta was slushy, elsewhere was fine. But up to that point there had been good snowfall and generally low temperatures.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy