Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Update - Could do with an even quicker answer please - Flachau - Bakers?

Poster: A snowHead
I forgot to ask last night - is there a bakers in Flachau and if so where please? My mother wants me to bring apple strudel home and we don't know if there is a nearby bakers. Can anyone help over the next couple of hours please?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-02-12 21:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Sorry cant help there, but just wondering what else is on your shopping list that you have forgotten about until last minute wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes... but you are probably gone now.... i mean where else do you think all the bread comes from?... and do they sell strudel... no Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, If en route through Austria or Southern Germany you see a shop with the sign "Konditorei" they should sell Torten, cakes and hopefully strudel!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it too late - there is Cafe Habesatter at Flachauer Straße 70, open from 6:00 am mon-sat, 7:00 on sunday
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go out and ask the first person walking around who looks local?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
....the chances of finding a local on the busiest weekend of the season in Flachau are impossible to calculate!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Local? excuse me while I have a giggle.....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's wrong with the supermarkets in Flachau? It is a decent size town.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
saikee, the selection is not quite so good as a proper bakery. I would rather have a strudel from a bakery than the supermarket
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx,

There are obviously some nice bakeries there around Flachau and Wargain so it is a matter of how far would one wants to travel. It seems many snowheads here are willing to go back to a resort just because they could get a nice lunch in its mountain.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saikee, she only has to go about 500 mtrs on her way home
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Update - I had a need to call holidayloverxx, prior to leaving and she directed me to the Bakers - we had not turned into Flachau town itself at the junction all week and were surprised at how much we missed. We found the Cafe Habesatter and luckily they spoke sufficient English for us to explain what we needed and they sold us nice Apfel strudel which had been backed in special foil trays to be portable for folks to buy as whole cakes. The owner seemed quite taken with the notion that they were going all the way back to the UK! saikee, holidayloverxx, is correct - I had looked in the supermarket, but all the cakes there looked somewhat mass produced and I wanted something a little more 'authentic'.

pam w, Asking was an option that I would have broached without another solution, but it can be embarassing to ask if you approach someone who then doesn't speak English given my non-existent German (can by ski ticket, a round of drinks and say hello/goodbye, please and thankyou and that's about it). Far better to have some solution from my SH's mates if I had a chance to. I myself was flagged down and asked for directions by someone speaking fluent German - lots of laughter ensued, when they realised they had picked and English only tourist!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, glad you found it. There are some lovely restaurants in town if you fancy treating your self another time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

.the chances of finding a local on the busiest weekend of the season in Flachau are impossible to calculate!

I'd walk into the nearest shop and ask the person behind the counter. I do speak enough German to ask where I could buy apfelstrudel, which would simplify things, but people are constantly assuring us that very good English is spoken by most customer-facing people in Austrian resorts.
snow conditions
pam w, isn't apfelstrudel in German just that, apfelstrudel. Am I missing a trick here?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy