Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement Les Crosets --> Champoussin chair?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do any of you Swiss-side Snowheads know if this will ever get built? I was under the impression the teleski bodge was only temporary, but we're into the third season already! I asked one of the Les Crosets lifties about it, and he said it was Champoussin's responsibility?

Other instances of the PDS integration going backwards; the Morzine <--> Grande Terche navette withdrawn this year, the Linderettes headwall teleski "closed for the season". Should we be worried?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a sign somewhere around the arrival of the new Grand Conche lift saying the drag is due for replacement next season. If I'm up there today I'll take more interest.

Not sure about Les Crosets - Champoussin but I agree there has been "politics" in that area for a while.

That said the new lifts over last couple of years have been a big improvement.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is very difficult to find out the real story here, after all the Swiss are noted for their secrecy. From what I can glean, the position is this.

1. the old Crosets - Point de L'Au lift was taken out because the farmer on whose land the pylons stood got permission to buiild apartments there instead. Not sure how this can be Champoussin's fault.
2. the Gueilly drag lift was meant to be temporary although it is very short and gentle, so hardly a hardship. Not like the rope pull in 2009! The route down from it is vastly better this year than last
3. the idea was to replace both Point de L'Au lifts with a single lift somewhere in the Morgins valley near Piste Didier Defago. I personally find it hard to envisage how one lift could work in both directions, but I think it was a matter of routing skiers coming from Crosets down the opposite side of the mountain from the way they go now.
4. That idea hasn't come off but the Champoussin - Point de l'Au chair is scheduled for replacement at the end of next season.
5. The complications are because the land crossed by these lifts is in more than one "commune" and is also owned by different families, who are no doubt locked in an implacable vendetta over some forgotten sixteenth-century insult.
6. I heard that the Crosets lift company is trying to buy the Telemorgins lift company (which is responsible for Champoussin and Morgins) and that this might unlock things somewhat.
7. I am repeatedly reassured that something will be done, although it never is

On the other side of the coin Crosets has built two new lifts, an 8 man and a 6 man, in the last four years.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sanman, excellent post! Most informative thank you wink

- I don't know why the Crosets liftie I spoke to blamed Champoussin, either as you mention just arcane politics, or perhaps the mooted Morgin-valley solution would have been a "Champoussin lift"?
- The current drag is as you say no problem for access, my objection is it makes reaching the Point de l'Au off-piste a bit more of a mission from say Avoriaz, and deprives the anti-clockwise circuit from some good skiing and spectacular views.
- Ooh, so at least the Champoussin side will get a new chair then Madeye-Smiley Presumably not so vulnerable to high-winds as well as better capacity.
- Yes Crosets have done well with the new lifts, considering the relatively low skier-numbers and strong competition from other resorts on the Swiss side. I don't know if they would do a good job running Champoussin & Morgins, it would be a shame if the sunny-side got to be as busy as the French side!

"ETO" not heard that for years Cool - must find time for some blasting soon!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shep, thanks, yes here's hoping that the new Point de L'Au (i) actually materialises and (ii) reduces the exposure factor! I know what you mean about numbers, the corollary of the slow lifts is the low numbers so the two kind of cancel each other out. I wouldn't want to see eight-man chairs everywhere Very Happy although the odd one would be nice Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy