Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Road Trip Ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all

We have flights/carhire to Zurich booked for 3rd march
8 day ski window

land saturday night
Sunday free to ski somewhere?
mon-fri in Andermatt
sat & sunday free

any ideas on somewhere warming up for the day on the way to A'mat with some decent off piste?

Final weekend. Possibly Engelberg but might have visited during the week anyway. and only worth it if recent snowfall...?
needs to be nearish zurich as 8.30pm flight home on the sunday night.

I notice the road pass east from A'matt is closed winter so disentis might be better visited on the train as a day trip from A'matt.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my recollection is that you don't go past an awful lot of skiing on the most direct route to Andermatt from ZRH. guess it's really a question of how much of a detour you want to do.

i'd take a look at Buster Highmen's TR on TGR of his recent trip to the area - to get some ideas. Disentis certainly looks worthy. You might want to PM him about super-secret lifts. If you tell him you know me, he might be forthcoming Wink

I've done some nice touring round Realp/Tiefencastle and some of the classic lines of the Gemstock but have only scratched the surface

Engelberg and Andermatt can be a bit of a gong show at weekends BTW. Big crowds come up from Zurich
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, we have got Dan Loutrel of Birdos guiding us out of A'matt - so should hopefully know all the secret spots down there....

as you say weekend gong show at Eberg. I did do a weekend there many years ago, maybe 2000! can't remember but it was ace - remember doing the Laub in great conditons - but was a relative gaper in those days Shocked

if we get good snow in the week - then maybe best to hit it from A'matt on a day trip

somewhere like St Moritz or Arosa for the final weekend to avoid the freeride weekend crowds?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, did buster highmen do a TR - can't seem to find one on TGR? only talk of him posting one up after his trip?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/237167-Duck-is-the-Bacon-of-the-Bird-World-Andermatt?highlight=andermatt
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
norris, 21cm forcast for Engelberg over the weekend, so you should be good
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
45cms reported this morning - avi risk 4 though, lots of fresh sitting on that hoar frost Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
norris, here you go:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/238284-Duck-is-the-Bacon-of-the-Bird-World-Yrup-2012-(40-years-after-)?highlight=

admittedly the multiple threads with similar titles got confusing! Mr Birdo showed Bruce (AKA Buster) the super-secret goods so you'll probably benefit too

St Mortiz would be fun. I've toured around there. The Diavolezza lift would fill a day or two easily and there is plenty of other stuff to do. It is a long drive back to ZRH though I think
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, sweet thanks.

yes St Moritz is a long journey.

Disentis certainly looks interesting Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can get the car train tunnel and be in the Wallis fairly quickly from andermat, so Saas Fee is an option
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
papasmurf, thanks - just had a look - that does open up quite a few options for us Madeye-Smiley

there is also a car train the other direction over the overalp pass Madeye-Smiley
http://www.mgbahn.ch/en/spezial_offers/car_transport/oberalp/Pages/default.aspx
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy