Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This weekend St anton or other resort driving distance from Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I need some help! 2 friends and I have booked flights to Zurich on Friday evening returing Monday night. The plan was to book a car and drive down to St Anton. Unfortunately with half term and Carnival everything is booked in St Anton. Does anybody know of anywhere that we could try in around St Anton for accom.? We have been ringing the tourist board each day to no avail. Alternatively can anybody recommend another resort driving distance from Zurich which has a good mix of skiing (we are a mixed group - I am an advanced skier while my friends are beginners) and apres and that we will be able to get accomodation?

Really appreciate any help!

Brian
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BG57,

I'd check the roads too. Austrian radio stated various roads around St Anton were shut this morning.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swiss resorts such as Laax, Davos, St Moritz aren't too far by road or rail.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BG57, Try Stuben - usually easier to get rooms there if you're dead cert on skiing Arlberg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In the past I have been able to get rooms in hotels in Klosters (about 1:45 away) at pretty short notice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BG57 wrote:
Hi all,
I need some help! 2 friends and I have booked flights to Zurich on Friday evening returing Monday night. The plan was to book a car and drive down to St Anton. Unfortunately with half term and Carnival everything is booked in St Anton. Does anybody know of anywhere that we could try in around St Anton for accom.? We have been ringing the tourist board each day to no avail. Alternatively can anybody recommend another resort driving distance from Zurich which has a good mix of skiing (we are a mixed group - I am an advanced skier while my friends are beginners) and apres and that we will be able to get accomodation?
Really appreciate any help!
Brian

There are quite a few resorts easily accessible by rail from Zurich which are not major UK destinations so won't be mobbed by half-term holiday makers. These include Bad Ragaz, Flumserberg and, slightly further afield, places like Meiringen and Engelberg.
There's a rail-served ski resort map here (http://www.rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Map_Main.aspx) but a bit late for your trip!
NN
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BG57, Grindlewald , could be worth a look Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lech, Silverretta montafon, brandnertal, Mellau in Austria are a not too long a drive..solden, pitztal a bit further.. Flumserberg is great but accomodation will be hard, Pizol not much further..Davos, Films, Laax, Hasiliberg\meiringen, Engelberg are all fairly close to zurich and easily drivable in 2 hours. Savongnin is a small resort with a good weekends worth of sking and has a cube hotel that might suit.

Booking.com is your friend
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BG57, Try Ischgl
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alternatively, as you will have a car you could stay in a valley town and drive. Landeck is a largish town and the Arlberg and Paznaun resorts are easily and quickly accessible by car.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy