Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmisch for a beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're in Munich for a few days next weekend and as the friend we're visiting is busy on Friday we were thinking of trying to squeeze in a day's skiing. Garmisch looks like it is probably the best option for a number of reasons but looking at the piste map I'm a bit concerned that it's not really possible to get anywhere on just the blues. I've skied the Christine red in Val Thorens, to give you an idea of skill level. Will I be stuffed or are any of the reds easy-ish?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have only been to the Garmisch Zugspitze ski area, not the Garmisch Classic.
We went last year, April 2011, with only 1 week's skiing experience.
I fairly easily managed the reds up on the glacier ski area, and there are some blue runs and trails to get you started.
http://www.zugspitze.de/en/winter/index.htm

You can get a combined train and ski ticket from Muenchen Hbf for 42 euros Classic, 48 euros Zugspitze.
http://www.zugspitze.de/en/winter/skigebiet/zugspitze/garmischer-skiexpress.htm

Ski hire is from 24 euros/day.
http://www.skiverleih-zugspitze.de/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lml82, like nigelg, says the runs up on the Zugspitze are relatively easy. I would say any reasonable intermediate can get around the Classic area without too much trouble.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers both. Steilhang, it'd be a bit frisky to call me a 'reasonable intermediate' but it sounds like we'll be OK one way or the other, even if I end up drinking a lot of hot chocolate while while waiting for my husband to preview runs for me!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy