Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thank You All SnowHeads!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I joined this group of Snowheads yesterday asking for simple information on your equipment forum about race suits for the Paralympic skiers and the British Adaptive Ski Team and then got to chatting about the team and the charity behind it.
Before I knew it lots of you had sponsored my Great North Run wheelchair push and took me up to my fundraising target. So this post is not to ask for money (I will not repeat the web address here). But to say thank you to all you generous people out there and hoping that we will bump into each other some time (wear padding a sit-skier hits hard!).
I'll post here on monday and let you know how I got on.
Cheers.
Dave Chugg.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck with the 'run' at the weekend! I look forward to hearing about it on Monday Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Choodalls, you're right. It would be a bad idea to put a link in to your sponsorship page. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Choodalls, yup very silly to link to a place where people could sponsor you!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or even one to British Adaptive Ski Team, who - I notice - seek Helpers for race events in locations containing lots of snow Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian Hopkinson, did you just spoil my fun? Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm,
I sense some mischief going on. Okay, yes as a matter of fact both the team itself and the Uphill Ski Club are always looking for skiers who would like to give their time to helping out on the slopes.
Both the team and The Uphill (integrated under the banner of Disability Snowsport UK) now (as of today!) have a new combined webiste at http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/ where all of you can browse through at your leisure and read all about us.
The charity has a number of events coming up and if you fancy taking part in any of the ski challenges listed here: http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/index.php?pagename=news then you'll have a lot of fun and help the charity out.
Finally, as i seem to be being teased for being coy, you can still donate directly to the GNR event for us by visitng www.justgiving.com/davechugg .
So that's it, all the shameful self publicity you could wish for and more (oh and by the way hot news - one of our paralympic skiers Sean Rose was just crowned Overall World Champion at the water skiing championships last week http://www.bdwsa.org.uk/ can he repeat on the snow in Turin next year?).
Enough????
Dave.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Choodalls, People very very occiasionally post here just for a commercial plug. Your case couldn't possibly further from this scenario. Ou holiday group regularly includes a skier with a handicap and we all recognise the huge effort put in by ecouraging the disabled in sport. GOOD LUCK & WELL DONE
snow report
 brian
brian
Just as well you never put that link up, I might've felt compelled to part with some moolah rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Choodalls, thanks for your thanks. I may also have been compelled to part with some cash if you'd put up the link. Good luck with the GNR on Sunday. I did volunteer for the Paralympics, but haven't heard from them since a phone call 3 months ago.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just been reading a description of his last day's racing of the 2004/2005 season by Talan Skeels-Piggins, a British sit skier. He had been taking part in the Europa Cup Finals back in April, held in Austria.

Talk about bad luck!

Talan survived to fight again, and hopefully along with a few other members of BAST will be staying in Bourg St Maurice for their November training up on the Tignes glacier.

Most members of the British Adaptive Ski Team - including Talan - receive no backing at all, so have to find all the funds for training and racing themselves...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Strange name - even stranger story. What terrible bad luck. Still it could have been worse.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy