Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm seriously considering taking the family to Schladming 12Jan2013.

Having researched this site and others there are differing reports but basically it gets a good thumbs up. My query really is how well will it likely suit my two kids 11 & 6, both of whom are perfectly comfortable on all blues and easier reds, both confident girls and also my OH who is okay on all blues but looking to develop into a capable skier on all blues and some reds too. We have just done La Plagne and all three got right round the resort without any drama and really did very well. This will only be their second week on snow but even though I'm biased I would say they are a bit above average ability for their level of experience.

Also can anyone recommend decent ski school for them for mornings and ski rentals near to the Planai Gondola?

Lastly what date is the 2013 night race as I can't find it on-line anywhere?

All advice appreciated. Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jirac18, I don't think there is a night race next year as Schladming is hosting the World champs.

http://www.schladming2013.at/en/home/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from Scladming. It was our first time there having had it recomended on this site. We have a 7 year old and this is her 3rd year skiing. We enroled her in the local ski school run by Tritchter. By the last day we skied with her from the top of the mountain down, all on reds and she was more than comfortable. However the top of the Gondola gives straight forwards acces to an area of blue runs where the ski school meet. It was a bit chilly but we had a really great time and used our ski passes to check the linked ski Amande area. Tritchter have quite a few shops in town and right next to the Gondola. They sorted my wife and daughter out very well for equipment. I booked it all before hand on line. We will definately consider Scladming for next year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from Scladming. It was our first time there having had it recomended on this site. We have a 7 year old and this is her 3rd year skiing. We enroled her in the local ski school run by Tritchter. By the last day we skied with her from the top of the mountain down, all on reds and she was more than comfortable. However the top of the Gondola gives straight forwards acces to an area of blue runs where the ski school meet. It was a bit chilly but we had a really great time and used our ski passes to check the linked ski Amande area. Tritchter have quite a few shops in town and right next to the Gondola. They sorted my wife and daughter out very well for equipment. I booked it all before hand on line. We will definately consider Scladming for next year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Intersport in the gondola building. Charly Kahr ski hire next door and next door on from that there's a Tritscher shop as well. Can't comment on ski schools. You could get around most of the area on blues and taking the odd lift down, although most of the reds are easy as well. Compared to the reds I can remember in France (Morzine, Val D) Schladming reds are mostly easier. With kids the ski lockers in the gondola station will I imagine, make life a lot easier.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy