Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is heading to Hintertux for BASI Courses in April/May?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says.....

I will be there 14 April - 5 May for the following courses

15 Apr - Mountain Safety
23 Apr - L3 Tech Training (1 Week)
30 May - L3 Teach

Arriving by air to Munich, then train to Myerhofen. Staying in cheap self catering apartments in Lanersbach, 5 mins down the road.

Anyone else on courses? how you getting there and where you staying?

Mark
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thepirate, my top-tip, having done my L2 last year - stay as close to Tux as possible, as the minute the "official" season is finished, they start doing all kinds of work on the road. Over the 2 weeks, the time it took me to drive from Mayrhofen up to Tux varied from 20mins to 1h20mins, resulting in my being late on more than one occasion, plus a whole lot of stress that I really, really didn't need!

(Lanersbach should be fine by the way!).

I might yet sign up for the mountain safety - trying to get a "bye" on it as I'm already an International Mountain Leader, but don't really fancy my chances...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helpful advice stevomcd, I shall be there in the summer with my daughter when she does her L1. Looking at their website there seem to be plenty of reasonably priced hotels and apartments in the summer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevomcd,

I tried to get a 'bye' as I've completed the equivalent military course (exactly the same sylabus)....BASI were having none of it!

I know the TUX valley very well, Lanersbach is only 5 mins down the road and there is a free bus to and from the Hintertux. The road between Lanersbach and the TUX will be fine, they don't work on that section until later in the year because its still busy.

The accomodation is rented at a discount to BASI Members attending courses so works out really cheap. If you put a 'HINTERTUX BASI' into a facebook search its the top result.....highly recommended.

All apartments were full with BASI Members over the last two years so it created a great atmosphere and we all helped each other out with course work, lesson planning etc.

no one had any problems getting to and from the TUX.......I would suggest Myerhofen is a little to far.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thepirate, they were regularly doing tree-chopping work between Lanersbach and Tux last year - often a 15min delay. Very frustrating if you're a subscriber to my digital time theory - 08:59:59 is "on time"... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevomcd,

See I go by Military timings....always 5 mins before:-)....if there is a small delay then for me it's worth it, Lanersbach is lovely village and offers a little more than the TUX! also nice to get away from the the TUX/BASI/Trainers......and relax, theres enough pressure on the courses as it is!.......still looking forward to it though.

Get yourself booked on mate......theres no getting off the gravy train once your on it!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bump!

I thought that there would be more BASI Punters on this forum haeading out to Hintertux in April??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
im there the last week but just went for the redpoint deal as a few i talked to said if you want catered accommodation they are a reasonable deal and close to the action...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy