Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back with report + gopro video, Le Grand Bornand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Small trip report and video.
I need to upload the video again as it's not currently widescreen or 16by9

6 of us went to Le Grand Bornand, France.
Lovely little resort just under an hour from Geneva, tour operators don't head there so it stays fairly quiet and keeps its charm. Self Catering in an apartment, came to £350 each person without food so not bad at all.
Was also another group of 11 out there we knew of so was a good laugh.

Was there 14th - 20th Jan so we had a complete mix of conditions, quite a few top ups of snow, couple of days of poor visibility with the snow coming down but then a couple of lovely days of clear blue skies and fresh powder.

Unfortunately on our 2nd day there was a bit of a downer. A death on the slopes.
4 of us were next in line to get on a chairlift when the side of the resort we were on had a powercut.
After a minute someone came running to the lifty we were standing next to and pointed a snowboarder out who was laying flat on his back not moving about 30 metres away.

The lifty stood next to the them for a couple of minutes and was on his radio alongside a couple of other people, we thought it must just be a leg injury or something as there was no panic so he must have called for a medic.
He was laying on the final decent down to the lift near a slow sign so we presumed it was a low speed crash.
A couple of minutes later and a medic comes along on skis, we expected to see him talk to the patient and remain calm taking his time.......
He immediately started cutting his top off to start CPR, was 1 hell of a shock to see.

More and more medics arrived, some on skidoos with a defibulator.
It was horrible as they were getting no response so when the lift was working again we got out of there, air ambulance was arriving when we were at the top of the lift.
Read the next day that a guy in his 40s had a heart attack and died, was a bit of a relief to know it wasn't a bad crash, head or spinal injury.

http://youtube.com/v/hB4sHiE3Ya8&hd=1

Anyway here's the video -
Nowhere near as good as some of the videos others on here have posted I know, got plenty of ideas for what kind of stuff to film next time.

Excuse the poor editing, was only done on windows movie maker and my laptop was struggling.
After going through 6 hours of footage I'd got a bit bored, filmed using a Gopro960.

http://youtube.com/v/hB4sHiE3Ya8&hd=1
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy