Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kneissl RC skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kneissl RC (Race carver) - the Red ones Smile
170 ; 115-68-101

These were the Prize from the Annual SH's comp, brilliantly administered by Michelle Smile

A number of SHs tried them out at the SH's Bash in Tignes at end of November.

One of the SH testers said they were heavy and he's right, because of the wood core. Surprisingly however when ccompared to my 162 Rossignol 9S they are a little bit lighter although longer and wider. Best to keep them on your feet rather than posing and walking round town with them on your back.

I had fun trying to turn these like I normally turn my slalom skis. They don't need it - you have to learn to just put these on their edge rather than force them on their edge. Then you have to caress them into a tighter radius rather than agggressivley turn your knee in. Then they are very stable, hold an edge very well and accelerate quickly when you point them in a straight line. A little bit of Up and Down or Fore and Aft and away you go.
Took me a few days to get used to them but that's just me. When I found my balance point I started to get much more out of the skis. i found i really enjoyed turning them in and sitting down on the back edge while they just rocketed out of the turn.

Aesthetically they won't please the graphic designers, as they are just classically and simply red ! Hovwever they stand out in a rack amongst the garish gear on display and drew some admiring looks from various other skiers when i was locking them up into the racks or taking them out. The guy running the ski shop where we got the littl'un's gear quite liked them. i think they look great. However even though we were in Austria I didn't see another pair of Kneissl's in a whole week but that may change with their fresh attempts to get back into the market. Interesting that all the old photos I saw on walls of hotels ect in obergurgl were all kneissl skis.

I have to admit I got quite addicted to long empty Blue runs where you can just let them rip in fast and long carved turns. I need to build up the courage to do the same on steep Reds instead of skidding across the fall line and scrubbing all my speed.

Love them so much that i've booked to fly out to Geneva for a long weekend in March, and off to Hemel in a couple of weeks.
These are lovely lovely skis
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy