Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damaged boot by out of control blader

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any advice on getting a Salomon boot repaired? I was smashed into and sent flying by an out of control snow-blader who had decided to ignore the bright orange slow/ralentir signs at the bottom of a long steep slope and she has sliced through the velcro strap of my boot (Impact 10's). Its held on by two pins that require a special tool to release the strap so I'm going to need an expert to refit the strap. She put my ski pole out of shape too but I've managed to put that straight with my knee. Bloody idiot.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to a shop and buy a new booster strap - should be pretty straightforward to fit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or be cool and ducktape it wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I read this as out of control bladder Very Happy Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought you pee'd into your boots Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Me too Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope you shot said blader?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bladder is fine and boots are dry! The SnowBlader made a very sheepish exit, I've never been flattened by a teenage girl before, but I'm glad it wasn't anyone bigger!

Strap is secured with tools I haven't got so would a decent shop be able to swap it over?... or ducktape it is!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha I read bladder too...teach me to skim read on an iPhone Very Happy

Hope you get it sorted!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haha I read bladder too...teach me to skim read on an iPhone Very Happy

Hope you get it sorted!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very Happy Very Happy I read that wrong as well, thought blimey he's bold to come on here and talk about personal issues!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, Laughing Me too Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New incontinence section I thought, sure CEM probably has special tool?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, me too Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I read this as out of control bladde

and me!
snow conditions
did anyone read it right? Laughing Laughing

dredgey, hope you get it sorted
latest report
Replacement strap: http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=CNF0006KK

Surprisingly, S&R one of the better prices out there.

Any shop will be able to change the strap, if you went in to S&R even they couldn't cock it up. If you can post a photo of the bolt heads we can advise what tool you need, if you really wanted to do it yourself.
ski holidays
I got wiped out by a blader last year in Les Menuires on my first day on the widest piste I have ever seen. I was the only one on it too. Do they get points for taking people out? Puzzled
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

and me!

Yup, another here!
snow report
Colin B wrote:
I read this as out of control bladder Very Happy Embarassed

+1 Laughing
snow report
Special tool is a 5mm Allen key from memory, remove the middle cap screw & remove the spoiler (noting its position first) drill out the outer two rivets from the inside & remove the strap plate and strap.

Replace the new strap using short stainless steel machine screws washers & nuts (nuts inside) instead of the rivets, then refit the spoiler to its original position with the original cap screw!
snow conditions
I ppeeeed myself when i read this one, sorry Very Happy
snow report
Timbobaggins, hee hee me too. Sorry! Out of control blader is a far more easily resolved problem - throw the boot at her, repeatedly. Then go buy new boots. It will be worth it.
snow conditions
Hmmm... I read it right.... it's awfully lonely in this club of one... Confused
snow report
Schuss in Boots, Laughing

I think its a trick of the brain as "control" and "blader" were in the same sentence
snow report
Yet another who misread it as 'bladder' Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Hmmm... I read it right.... it's awfully lonely in this club of one... Confused

Apologies to Groucho but, "I want to belong to any club that will accept Schuss in Boots as a member" Toofy Grin
snow report
Having had to wash my kids urine out of hire boots when they were having too much fun skiing to realise they needed to go...

I am not in the Schuss club Sad and would never use hire boots myself...

Wags the application form is at a bar near you... any bar... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for the bladder
If the people who thought this was about OP ruining their boots in a 'personal mishap' outnumber those who thought it was about a blader, can we get the mods to 'corrected' the thread title? Toofy Grin
snow report
stoat of the dead, Yeah, yeah.... blame it on the kids.... Toofy Grin

Wags, Laughing Laughing You're in!
ski holidays
Hahaha! We'll I'm glad my post has generated replies even if it has been down to an apparent bodily disfunction!

Thanks for the link Monium, I'd ideally like to replace the strap with the orginal one. trying to get a photo on here but can't see how you add photos?

Clare_M, its not a great sensation is it?! For some reason in my typical British way, after laying on the snow facing the sky for what seemed like minutes I got myself together, picked up her ski blade thingy, reset her binding for her, gave her back her ski, asked if she was ok and for some reason I apolgised to her?!?! Even though she slammed into me from behind at god knows what speed! No idea why I was so polite?! Never been decked by a teenage girl before but I'm glad it wasn't someone bigger!

gatecrasher, good suggestion, there are three fastenings for it, the allen key and the two rivet/pins. If all else fails I will drill the rivets and replace them with bolts
snow conditions
dredgey, Where are you based? Would the nice man at Bicester be able to help you?
ski holidays
Based in Basingstoke Schuss in Boots, who's the guy at Bicester? Have spoken to S&R who can replace it with something else to do the job, cheaply. I have also left a message with a guy at Salomon who I am awaiting a call back from....
snow conditions
dredgey, Drop a PM to CEM, he may be able to help you. He is the recognised ski boot wizard and based in Bicester.
ski holidays
Cool, thanks Schuss in Boots,
ski holidays
I'm hoping I can restart this thread again! I never got round to getting the shin straps on my Salomon ski boots replaced last season as they were put in the loft and forgotten about!

I've just called Snow and Rock and they weren't really any help. I've spoken to my local ski shop who were very helpful and they said they can replace the straps with 'Booster' straps which he advised were of better standard anyway. Does anyone have any experience of these Booster straps?

I could kill that French girl on the blades!!!! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Did you get any luck out of CEM AKA Solutions 4 Feet in Bicester?
ski holidays
Shoulda anticipated the blader - they're almost always giggling or screaming and deployed a strategic elbow in collision. Ensures no sheepish exit.
snow report
Afraid not hammerite, may well try again.

Yep fatbob, I've always steered clear of them as they always seem fratically out of control, but this one was on a mission to kill!

Great if these booster straps are an upgrade though, anyone?
http://www.carterse.com/default.asp?id=2973&ver=1
snow report
stevew wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

and me!

Yup, another here!

And another Toofy Grin
snow report