Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter weekend....anywhere else i should consider, flights to geneva booked

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

My wife and I are having our first trip away together on our own since we had our daughter three years ago! We have flights booked for Easter weekend to Geneva, flying in friday morning leaving monday night. we have car hire booked.

My wife enjoys skiing but only skis for 2-3 hrs and i then go off and explore, so skiing conevenience is a preference. i ski all slopes and a bit of off piste, my wife is a blue run skiier. We have been to Chamonix several times and actually have a hotel booked there as a last resort ( fully cancellable).

Decent restaurants and a little bit of nightlife would be great and no more than 2 hour drive, is there anywhere else i should be thinking about? Feeling Morzine may struggle for decent snow and verbier toooooo expensive!!

Thanks in advance
From a very excited Mr & Mrs Ted
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morzine and bubble up to Avoriaz. Les Carroz and then access to Flaine? Flaine might be a bit limited for restaurants though if you are only there for three nights maybe ok. Skiing excellent and convenient. What does your wife like to do when you are skiing? Les Carroz and Morzine might be better if she likes to mooch around as well as walk or whatever.
Are you just looking at hotels?

These guys have a lovely new chalet, I think they do short breaks
http://www.manxski.com/index.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks, She likes to have a wonder around, have a read and generally relax.

hotel, chalet, apartment all fine, just thought a hotel might be easier for a short break.

a bit of variety in the evening would be ideal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to Morzine/Avoriaz a few of times for Easter and always had a good time. All things being equal, Avoriaz should have decent snow.

Plenty of intermediate terrain to be had in the area (PdS is a sea of blue and red runs).

Have always done self-catering when staying in Avoriaz and Morzine, so can't advise on hotels.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mr ted, Easter is early and shouldn't be a problem in Morzine / Avoriaz.

In truth, your biggest problem is going to be getting accommodation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There will be no snow at easter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a search on Logis De France http://www.logishotels.com/en/
They have a really good search function going down to the different regions so you could search and see the options available.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nixmap wrote:
There will be no snow at easter.

Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks all for the advice, i will try to find a hotel in morzine. Normally take the legwork option, list hotels off trip advisor then call them all direct.

Worked in St Anton rcently so hopefully.......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Clusaz.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
Morillon or Samoens

Easy to drive to if weather bad, easy access to Grand Massif
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks for all ideas, have bagged a room in morzine for the three nights.

Now if someone can just organise for there to be lots of spring powder!!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy