Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Just wondering if any of you had advice with regard to late season 3-4 day trips. We've never made a trip past February. I've had a look at some of the higher resorts like Val Thorens, but I come up against the old problem of only being offered accomodation for 7 nights. Ideally we'd fly to Geneva and go to a resort close to there. Any advice on this is greatly appreciated, as it's new territory to me. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How late is late? Sometime in April I presume? Or do you just mean late March? The main season is Jan, Feb March.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
End of March, start of April.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kjoc, IMO that's not late. towards the back end, but not late. EOSB is late wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any resort in France will still have loads of snow at that time of season this year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have done the May day weekend in Tignes before and until about 14:00 the snow was excellent down to resort level after that it was only good on the glacier. So I suppose May is late.

You often have more snow in April than January and many resorts do not switch to low season lift passes until mid April.

Much of the accomodation is for 7 day occupancy but you can get shorter by contacting the Immobiliers or hotels direct. May I suggest hiring a car and then searching for hotels in Moutiers, Aime or Bourg st Maurice.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kjoc, there should be plenty of choice, but you'd be wise to leave it till much nearer the time to book accommodation - not only so that you can follow the snow, but also because hoteliers might well be glad to sell 4 days rather than none. Right now they are still hoping for 7. wink

Late March isn't late.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the advice.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Like many others, I have had full on mid-winter conditions with freshies all the way into resort in late April. You just never know what you are going to get.

My favourite month to go is March, less people around than Feb and if it isnt snowing, then it is more than likely sunny and warmer and the pistes/parks are fully up and running with (hopefully) a decent base. Great time to go IMO.

Depends what kind of skiing you are after but Chamonix is near (just over an hour away) and will have plenty of hotels available for a few nights I am sure. Avoriaz is close too but the other resorts in the Portes de Soleil are quite low.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy