Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Just put a beanie on, it'll be fine"

Poster: A snowHead
This, believe it or not, was the advice a friend was given in Ellis Brigham in Covent Garden the other day when buying a helmet.

After about ten minutes of trying them on and trying to get advice, she took one to the till and asked.

Quote:
Does this fit me?

Quote:
If you put your head down, does it fall off?

Quote:
Yes, it feels really loose on by head

Quote:
Just put a beanie on, it'll be fine. Here, buy this one.

Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a salesman Cool its only fashion after all
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm not v cool. When I bough mine at Ellis B in Castleford I was told NOT to put a beanie on underneath!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kat.ryb, Are you a skier then?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Does this fit me?"

and

"Yes it feels really loose on my head"

no offense to your mate like, but.......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
barry, she's a total noob, and had never worn any form of helmet. She had no idea what "fit" should feel like, hence asking. I know it sounds a bit daft, though!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Carlos the Slackal, fair dinkum, didnt mean to sound unkind, amazed she hasnt had any kind of a helmet on ever - makes the advice from the fanny behind the counter even worse - i'd send a letter to old ellis to complain
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry, I've skied about 85 weeks and only worn one for about an hour; why should a beginner have worn one? My one experience was when an "Extremely Canadian" guide asked me to wear one and I hired one. It kept coming down over my eyes so I left it in a restaurant for the day.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
If you put your head down, does it fall off?

If your head falls off do you put it down?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball
Quote:

If your head falls off do you put it down?

Smile

Actually, both my OH and I bought our helmets at the Covent Garden EB (on separate visits) and both got good service. Mind you, we did have a reasonable idea of good fit to begin with. I guess there's always a big amount of luck with the salesperson you get.

Head hasn't fallen off yet.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cynic, nope, the other kind.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, cycling, skating (board, in-line or proper cool disco boot), motorbike, horseriding, lacrosse, skydiving, human cannonball, cricket, hurling, climbing, running into walls as a kid, plenty of other activities where someone who aint skied in the past might know what a helmet feels like on the head. I thought it a bit surprising these days that none of these applied (I were wrong, go figure!), I wasnt talking about speifically skiing, why would I have thought that a beginner skier would have worn a skiing helmet before Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't see many kids Snow Sledging with a helmet on do you?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cc_7up:

Quote:

Don't see many kids Snow Sledging with a helmet on do you?

Nope, but I certainly wished I had had mine on the other year when I came off the bum board and whacked my head. Given the amount of snow usually on a London sledging slope there wasn't much to absorb the impact between my head and the solid ground! And where we sledge there is a row of trees at the bottom - I wish miniCaurnie would put her helmet on when sledging.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the guy we approached in Ellis Brigham in Chester was a total twonk - was actually really rude he was so abrupt. We went and got the same helmet from a different shop.
latest report
Depends on the recipient i.e. boarder or skier. If it was a boarder they would see that as cool fashion advice to protect their 10 pound head.
latest report
Maybe finding one that fits perfectly might be best, but plenty of people wear beanies under their helmet, I certainly do, don't see the problem!?
latest report
Oh. Another helmet thread. Goody.
ski holidays
achilles, Laughing
ski holidays
jimmer wrote:
Maybe finding one that fits perfectly might be best, but plenty of people wear beanies under their helmet, I certainly do, don't see the problem!?

If you can, the helmets too big.
snow report
My helmet (Salomon Brigade) is specifically designed to be worn with a beanie - you can remove the pads so that it fits. So presumably it depends on the helmet...
latest report
bobmcstuff, I didn't know that.
latest report
I took the pads out of mine (Poc receptor) because I prefer how it looks without earpads and with goggles under the helmet rather than outside. It fits great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy