Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This years trips

Poster: A snowHead
Just finalising my trips hopefully "if all goes to plan" it will be a week in early January in Les Deux Alps for some technique work with easiski if she can fit me in. Then the last week in January and first week in February in Banff. Finally the last week of the season at the EOSB. Whats every one else got planned.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got Lauterbrunnen in early Jan and Tignes at Feb half term confirmed so far. I will try for the odd weekend later in the season too.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 17-09-05 1:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Schladming late january and then arinsal in march
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Um so far just a total of 7 weeks in Wengen Embarassed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So far, Les Arc booked for half term.

Will be taking a long weekend (four days) at some stage later in the season.

ESA still in the Lap of the Gods (read; wife) but is probable.

EOSB really unsure.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
French Alps - Arrive 1st Dec Leave 1st May after EOSB Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (any more smileys would be bragging!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Carroz in January and Soldeu early March. Poss cheapo long weekend...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 14-09-05 17:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LDA Jan 2 wks

Morzine Feb 3day stag do

Think i might sneek a week in April but that one depends on the snow we are in for this year. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christmas week in Hinterglemm, last week of April at the EOSB. See you there Russell, there'll be no keeping up with you after all your skiing snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last week of November in Tignes, then several trips to Les Arcs: 10 days over Christmas; long weekend early Jan; 10 days end of Jan; week early March; long weekend end of March; hopefully week around Easter for the EOSB.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, only 7 weeks your slipping a bit. wink . Unfortunately I would have to sack myself if I gave myself that much time off.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As much as I can basically!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
December January and April so far.......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Two weeks in Whistler at the end of March. Probably somewhere early January: either a last-minute european deal or Colorado, if I can get a good price on flights.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
christmas zell em and region
latest report
Definitely booked: Saalbach mid Jan
Almost booked: Sun Peaks, Canada end Feb
Wishful thinking: Last minute go-to-the-snow Christmas
snowHead snowHead
snow report
Early jan somewhere last minute

last week of feb / first week of march in whistler

week 2 of eosb (definite now the plans for the season in whistler have been postponed indefinitely Sad)
ski holidays
Russell, I know, I know but so far my time stops at the end of Feb so I could add a few more weeks if the snow stays good wink
snow conditions
don't know yet - but the vallee blanche has been a long time on my " to do " list and a return to zermat and madonnna di campiglio as well.
ski holidays
Probably Arc 1800 on New year's eve snowHead
latest report
hibernia, thats on my list too along with Chile and a few others as well wink
latest report
RachelQ, Are you going to get any more sailing in before skiing.
snow report
Week in Lanzarote over new year (before anyone complains Snowbird is having an operation in October and cannot ski until Feb - doctors orders), Soldeu 5 February for a week and week two of EOSB.
snow conditions
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Last week of November in Tignes, then several trips to Les Arcs: 10 days over Christmas; long weekend early Jan; 10 days end of Jan; week early March; long weekend end of March; hopefully week around Easter for the EOSB.

which will be the highlight ? Very Happy
snow report
ise, LOL!

I have an embarrassment of riches, as every trip has something which I'm looking forward to. I suspect that the long weekend in January will be the most tiring!
snow report
This year I'll be not be skiing much in the Gd Massif as we've not got the flat anymore. I'll be taking a season pass for the Super Gstaad area near home and I expect to be using the Jura stations near work a bit.
ski holidays
Zermatt at christmas is booked and hopefully get two long weekends with the lads somewhere most probably Norway as some of them are based in stavanger.
snow conditions
9 days in Tignes over the New Year and then Verbier towards the end of January. We might sneak something else in but aren't too sure yet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Russell, yes! Sailing for 8 days in Greece from 29th October, 4 of them passage racing. Otherwise I'd have gone to the Pre-season bash weekend.
ski holidays
Peisey Vallandry in Jan, St Martin in February, walking the Beacons Way this October to get a sort of mountain fix before Xmas
latest report
RachelQ, pack you sun cream Greece is still nice and hot then, I'm sure you be just lying around in your bikini on deck and letting everyone else do the work wink
latest report
Montalbert - hopefully Christmas and New Year, 5 days in February, 12 days in March, 3 days end March, week in April Little Angel
ski holidays
pre christmas w/e somewhere near Geneva (snow dependant but last year a day in each of Courmayeur, La Thuile and Chamonix)

new year week in meribel

last w/e of jan in mote rosa

late feb w/e somewhere near lyon (any recommendations!!??)

maybe a couple of days in the usa in march whilst there for other reasons....

BRING IT ON!
snow report
Definate: Passo Tonale, Italy, Late Jan

Hopefully: Anywhere cheap in March

Close to impossible: Enough Snow in Norn Iron to Ski Slieve Gallion (500m Hill, although there is a gully on the North Face that I've seen hold snow for 4 weeks down to around 300m!!!!!!!!!)
ski holidays
4 trips booked so far snowHead

28-31st Oct: Les Deux Alpes. Mondial du Ski + snowheads bash snowHead
8th-13th Dec: Zermatt for long weekend
23-30th Jan: Les Menuires, 3 valleys
12-19th Feb: Ischgl

If anybody's going to be about in same resorts at the same time, drop me a PM.
ski holidays
Even though it will leave me rather poor I am hoping to stay for 2 weeks of EOSB, just won't be able to eat or drink. Prior to that a gang of us are trying to get out somewhere late Jan, and maybe a climbing trip to la Grave in Feb. I've been saving all my hols up Smile
snow conditions
Val d'isere in December, Flaine in January, somewhere in europe in February, and somewhere in North America in March.

I would love to have a whole season somewhere, but my boss doesn't seem understand my point of view. Sad
snow report
Risking LesGets 2nd week of Jan. Hope the PdS snow is up to the job at that point in the season.
Then maybe a week in Austria around end Feb/early March - maybe Mayrhofen or St.Anton.
snow report
I'll be going Jan, Feb and Mar to Engelberg, Val d'anniviers and maybe Utah.
Which way round it pans out depends. We start to get really interested 2 weeks prior.
As I am the only one who works to a proper timetable and I organise them, we can all do last minute and this works best
for following the snow.

Sometimes a 4 dayer works well so might try and get one or two of those in when a storm looks likely.
I love driving through France in the driving rain as long as it is heading for the alpes..!!
snow report
Hywel wrote:
Probably Arc 1800 on New year's eve snowHead

Am I allowed to quote myself or is that too egomaniacal Puzzled

Anyone know where Le Saint Bernard, Chantel is in Arc 1800? And what is it like?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy