Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need a quick crash course in snow fall so i can book a hostel for a week in Banff/Horse/Fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

I leave on Saturday to Calgary and still dont know where im staying Very Happy

Im away for 4 weeks and plan to play each week by ear a bit but will probably include the above 3 venues- as well as any others- have had lots of reccomendations from the kind people on here Smile

However- for my first week i really do need to get something sorted and booked- ideally tomorrow night! I will also book a week of lessons- that combined with a hostel should have me meeting ppl.

Lessons like this look good:

http://www.kickinghorseresort.com/mountain/big-mountain/big-mountain-centre.aspx

I was prob going to get a more gentle intro- say the 3 day piste lessons one week- and then the second or 3rd week- book something like "the real deal"- wherever i decide to go of course!

I have heard that Skitiger is a good source of snow info- but tbh the snow fall all seems to have dropped off and seems v similar between all the resorts.

Does anyone have any good advice on how an idiot like me can work out where the best place to stay is?? Im happy to follow the snow! Will be relying on public transport so nothing too remote- at least not for the first week or two!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow-forecast.com

Higher number = more stoke Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try looking here
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavnnam.html

click 'niederslag' for a map showing forecast amounts of snow in a map form. I'm heading to banff in in a couple of weeks, and have been advised KH is best only when there's been a dump. maybe pick one of the other two first, then hit KH when the snow's a fallin?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To be honest if you're planning on doing everything by public transport and you've got a month I'd just start with wherever is nearest/quickest to get to from Calgary. With a 7 hour time difference and after a long flight you'll probably just want to get to your destination once you've arrived in Canada. Fernie is 4-5 hours from Calgary on a greyhound bus, Kicking Horse 3.5-4.5 hours and Banff about 2 hours. And there are more services to Banff so finding one which fits with your flight schedules should be eaasier.

Try here for summary of the options - but if you're going to Banff I'd book direct with Greyhound - and if you're planning on severals trips it's maybe worth becoming a hostelling international member (if you aren't already) as it gets you a 25% discount on Greyhound (see here for details).

I don't know their Banff site - but SameSun have a good reputation for their hostel over in Silver Star.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You're in luck a small system is pushing out the high pressure, another storm system rolls through Sunday Monday. I agree with just hit Banff get you ski legs under you and then decide where else to go. Outside of Whistler Blackcomb it has the best apres.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You need to get your first nights accommodation, or at least have a plausible address and phone number otherwise, IIRC, Ca immigration might not loose you in............... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a hostel in Banff called the H I ( Hostelling International I think) you could try. Good rates and a nice place.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^Stayed there for 3 months. Would recommend.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Family day is coming up and I would try and have accomodation booked for that. Its 20th feb and the friday and sat night before are as busy if not busier than New Year in some resorts. The further from Calgary you are the more likely there will be spare accomodation.

There should be snow rolling in. I just use weather network here. I find it more reliable
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
USA has presidents day weekend 18-20 and it is booked in Canada too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks so much for the replies guys Smile

Booked a week in HI Smile Will add a couple of extra days to cover the weekend holiday Smile

I have emailed these guys about lessons:

http://www.skibig3.com/banff-lake-louise/banff-lake-louise-shopping/banff-lake-louise-snow-school

Looking at booking lift passes- whats the cheapest way? 6 days ideally.

Its $500 here http://www.skibig3.com/banff-lake-louise/banff-lake-louise-shopping/banff-lake-louise-snow-school

But $470 here http://www.banffhorizons.com/banfftickets.htm

I heard that sometimes its even cheaper to buy them in a popular corner shop?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy