Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed - St Johann in Tirol early March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've been looking to book a cheap half board holiday from Ireland 3rd/4th March for a week. Found a good deal in St Johann in Tirol but looking at the historical snow reports it looks like there is not much snow in March. We are aware the resort is low and therefore snow is never going to be as good as in the higher resorts but can anyone who has experience of St Johann, or even better live there, let us know how much snow there generally is in early March?

Other cheap offers seem to be in Andorra which appears, on paper, to have a better March snow record.

Thanks so much!

The Griffins
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did St johann 2010 March 6th. Snow was okay, pistes up high had enough, got bit icy and slushy at resort level. short bus ride (20mins) round to Fieberbrunn and Steinplatte (all on same ski pass) uncovered better snow conditions. Its a nice town, typically Austrian and I really enjoyed my lads holiday there. If the price was right I'd go back. Its got a couple of nice/good bars and restaurants. (and the best apple strudel I've ever had!!)

I've not been to Andorra but friends have and they would pick Austria every time over Andorra
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yea we actually went to Andorra for our first ever trip about 10 years ago and had a blast. Since then we've been all over but love Austria because of not only the skiing but also the nice towns and ski-in apres ski. We're just a little hesitant because the snow might not be all that and we've been spoilt in recent years with perfect conditions!

Dilemas dilemas! Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't comment on the history of snow in March (though I've skied in St. Johann in many a March) but given the snow we have had this year -today I measured 160 cm on my garage roof 10 mins from St. Johann- I don't expect any problems in a month's time. That doesn't mean that the pistes might not be scraped by then if there is no new snow. But I would rather expect some more snow to fall again before then (I hope my garage can take it rolling eyes).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks people! Just booked to St Johann - very excited! Love skiing in Austria....roll on 3rd March Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy