Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Folie Douce, Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy oh my god, some serious talent knocking about in there! The place was buzzing this afternoon, so was i when I eventually left!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, you really are going for the cheaper places in the Three Valleys! Not. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was only paying 5€ a pint in the Folie Douce, wasn't too bad! wink

Love that place.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was feeling much better today so had a full day on the mountain, then I came across this place. Great music, great people and just a cracking atmosphere. think I will be heading back tomorrow. Some of the women are amazing. Correction, all of them are! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, you really are going for the cheaper places in the Three Valleys! Not. Laughing Laughing

You only live once! Off to Courchevel tomorrow for lunch then La Foile Douche afterwards. Not a bad day really!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ricklovesthepowder, Did you score?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Two new Folie Douce's should be appearing in the 3 Valleys over the next couple of years
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricklovesthepowder, Great you had a good time! Wink
I will be in Mottaret in March and hope to be see it all myself.

Not too sure how long are the lifts open in March but I guess I will have to head back to Mottaret around 3.30pm at the latest.
What time does it really get going there? Would we have any fun let's say from 2pm to 3.30 or is it too early?

Cheers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tom W, there's plenty going on at 2pm in the spring. By 4pm it's absolutely manic. If you're staying in Mottaret you only need to be on the last Bouquetin lift (right below the Folie Douce) which closes at 5pm. You should be royally pi55ed by then Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom W, I was there today from 1.30, really started going about 2. If you staying in meribel it's just 1 lift which is outside the place, in march last run will probably be 5pm

Cynic, As I'm getting married next January no, but nothing wrong with looking, and my god did i look!!! Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Some of the women are amazing. Correction, all of them are! Very Happy

Steady on old chap, my daughter is doing a season in VT and the FD is her daytime watering hole of choice...........................and The Frog in the evenings after work. Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sequoiaboard wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Some of the women are amazing. Correction, all of them are! Very Happy

Steady on old chap, my daughter is doing a season in VT and the FD is her daytime watering hole of choice...........................and The Frog in the evenings after work. Laughing

..........I'm only 25!!!! Grabs coat and heads off to The Frog........... Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/9NPVeVpwbQQ&feature=related
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
one thing to watch for if you are 'sensitive' to what your kids hear is that on the lifts near the FD (top plein sud /3 vallees 1) from 2ish you can hear the lyrics quite clearly. I must admit even being pretty broadminded I was quite shocked about some of the lines on a trip pre-xmas - we're not just talking the lilly allen stuff about wet patches and giving snowHead it was talking about A-levels and a lot lot more..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Funny you guys saying it is expensive - my daughter says it's very cheap - she never has to buy herself a drink Twisted Evil

She is addicted to the VT one, more so to the one in Val
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, Give 360 bar a try too, cant remember exactly where it is but its on a run back down to VT and hard to miss... Went there most days last year when I was there and its pretty pumping!!
snow report
Yeah 360's easy to spot, on the Combe de Thorens green back into VT, and it has a bl00dy great knife and fork sticking out the top!!

Seems to get pretty packed but it's always in the shade at the end of the day and gets really cold. Much prefered the Folie for end of the day beers for that reason. Had a really good burger in 360 though, although it was 8€, then 6€ for chips.

The outside bit gets pretty lively but the froth on my beer did freeze over so maybe one for warmer days...
ski holidays
All sounded a bit boom boom to me - just going past on the lift made my ears bleed (thereby giving away the fact I'm not 25). Preferred the guitar band in the Frog - although if I'd have known it was 5euro a pint I might have packed my ear plugs and gone for it.....
snow report
Think I'll be spending every afternoon in there in just 6 weeks time Toofy Grin
ski holidays
There's no Kelly Starlight in VT though.....
ski holidays
gbium,
Quote:

All sounded a bit boom boom to me - just going past on the lift made my ears bleed (thereby giving away the fact I'm not 25)
+ a lot more than one!!
latest report
I thought the frog was one of the worst bars in VT. Folie was great especially at home time! I've never seen so many falls. Malaysia was one of the best bars/clubs I thought, looks like a garden shed but totally huge underground.
ski holidays
Dancing on the tables in the frog when we were there but it was chalet staffs night off which might have had something to do with it. That was from 4:30, don't know if it dies off a bit later.
ski holidays
I have great memories of this place from last year!!!

ski holidays
I'm 40 this year, and can't wait to pop in here for a swift half before getting back to Les Men.
snow report
Was excellent in Jan, but was a bit surprised when the police were breathalysing the folks at the bottom of the mountain after the bar had closed.
snow report
Dreadful noise, over-priced booze...

...but the view can be splendid.
ski holidays
Which slope is the Foile Douce on? Can't wait to stop off here when we go on SATURDAY YIPEE, i've watched so many videos of the place on youtube, it looks amazing. I'm just a little worried as to how hard it would be skiing back down to Val. I'm a green and blue type girl Smile I have done red's in other places but it kind of knocked my confidence a touch! Does anyone know if it's an easy ski back down to Val or if it's possible to ski from here to Val or would we have to get the bus when down the bottom? Thanks for any info Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathyalltwen, Plein Sud - blue back into Val. Better pack your bikini. wink
snow report
andyph, Thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
cathyalltwen, make sure you keep left on the route down! If you don't, then you'll drop down to the Plein Sud lift and have to go back up and then down again via a blue. Got lost in fog on the first day's skiing last week and swore myself hoarse when I saw I'd have to shag all the way down again through slush.
snow conditions
Ham, is your daughter a brunette? I think she got naked in the Frog at some point last week.

Didn't realise Malaysia was a massive club! Missed opportunity, it looked like a food shack. Balls..
snow conditions
andersont, Ah thank you so much, will do Very Happy
latest report
Hah, I've stopped in there for a few beers on the way home before but never knew it was either expensive or well known. Never really been out, out in VT as have always been in a relationship and there for the skiing.
snow conditions
You are never too old to enjoy the FD - In January we were a group of 40+, 50+ and 60+ enjoying it with our 20 year old siblings!
snow report
Quite a lot of people don't buy drinks there but just sit on the piste nearby, listening to the music and drinking from cans that they've brought in their backpacks.
ski holidays
great atmosphere, but in my view full of utter b*wbags!

Although did enjoy watching a man clearly new to skiing and with a sickening money to sense ratio repeatedly try to ram his skis into the snow to stand them up.... tips first. rolling eyes
snow report
It's not about the ballbags, it's about the funbags..

boom

tish
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy