Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur (italy) x St. Anton (autria)

Poster: A snowHead
Never snowboarded in Europe, tickets to zurich (late feb) already issued. Several resorts were recommended but we are stuck between this two (courmayeur and St Anton). Chamonix is also an option. CAN ANYONE HELP me chose? Intermediated freeriders most, a park for "kids" Very Happy is fine. Hotels suggestion (3* and up) are also welcome! THANKS A LOT!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you serious Puzzled St Anton, Courmayeur and Chamonix are so different skiresort can be, they are all very good, but in complete different way,, more easy to get to St Anton from Zürich, and one of the best skiresort in the world, so why go to chamonix in french halfterm, I will suggest St Anton,,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JF, Been to both and St Anton wins hands down. Are you getting the train? Direct line from Zurich to St Anton.

If you are into freeriding, you could base yourself in Stuben (part of same circuit as St Anton/Lech/Zurs) as it has probably the best snow in the region. Stuben is a very quiet village, so if you're looking for some romping apres, you might be better based in St Anton. Train to Langen am Arlberg for Stuben. Stay at the Hotel Hubertushof, Mondschein or Post for Stuben.

In terms of fun parks - not many in St Anton - 1 in the Rendl area and 1 in Lech.

If a fun park is a major issue, then you could consider Ischgl (next valley to St Anton) which has a huge fun park, skier/boarder cross etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From what I read, they seem pretty different indeed and everything really points to St Anton as the best option. An important question that i have is if SAnton is that better to curb all possibilities that we can have around courmayer meaning going to Chamonix, and around.
Distance from zurich is not a issue at all... park is not a major issue also... thanks guys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton is ace, and also has the benefit of currently having ridonkulously massiv amounts of snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been to both. Courmayeur is great, but would go to St Anton every time. Better apres certainly. We've had kids in our party before with no problems, just be sure to do the night tobogganing! There is a gondola down at Courmayeur so you do have to hustle back to make it sometimes, where as in St Anton you can head lazily back via the Moos...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JF, No brainer - St Anton every time, but more so this year........ conditions perfect.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all very much. One more question though... St ANTON x CHAMONIX?? WHICH ONE?
Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29 wrote:
JF, No brainer - St Anton every time, but more so this year........ conditions perfect.

Just do it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No contest. St Anton.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hahahah THANKS AGAIN GUYS! MESSAGE RECEIVED!!! Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
St Anton is in the premium league. Courmayeur is in the second division and will have a fight to get into the first division.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
St Anton, St Anton, St Anton every time. Chamonix is great but not anywhere as fantastic as St Anton. Very different resorts. Going myself 24th.... bring on the sunshine to go with the massive amounts of perfect snow wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done!!! Arriving on 21st!!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JF, Enjoy the best overall resort in the world, in my humble opinion. Where are you staying?
snow report
Late February is a BAD time to go anywhere in France - peak French school holiday time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy