Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar outland 80 - Anyone tried these.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've seen some Dynastar outland 80 skis in Decathlon for £250. This seems like a good price for what is supposed to be an all mountain ski and certainly cheaper than Volkl Kendos and such.

Has anyone got a set of these or tried them, are they any good?

Most of the stuff online relates to the 80 pro's or the Xt's, the next models up in the range. I don't expect them to be as good as Kendos and the like, but this will be my first pair of all mountain type skis. Up until now it's always been piste skis and I just wanted something that I can start to play with off piste a bit that will help rather than hinder my insignificant style/skill.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If they're anything like the Dynastar Legend Sultan 80's I got , you'll love them! and if they come with bindings for that price I'd definitly give them a go snowHead (obvioulsy would be ideal if you could try them before-hand) snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mac, a (BASI Trainer) friend has a pair of the Pros and loves them. They are wide enough to provide some float off-piste; really easy to pivot in bumps and short turns; and the rocker is designed so that if you lay the ski on edge (over 10 degrees) then it increases the effective length of the ski and gives you more stability.

Frankly, at £249 it's a bit of a bargain in my view.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i bought a pair from same place they were excellent in all conditions
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might just be me, I skied the 80 pro and found them numb, lifeless. Tried skiing them pretty hard as well. Bought the K2 Impact instead, the liveliest, crud busting, most stable thing I've skied.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
While in Ellis and Bing I saw a magazine review of the 80 Pro's and they won ski of the year for their catagory, with the Blizzard Bushwackers second. It seems the range looses a few features and stiffness as it moves to the XT and then the plain 80, but the 80 Pro's are £200 more. The stiffness maybe a problem as I'm 15stone and my style consists of ignorance and brute strength mixed in with a little china shop and some bulls.

I've ordered them now so we'll see after next week.

Vipul which size did you get and what size & type of skier are you?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i am 5ft 10 tall 14.5 stone
similar to your bull in a china shop analogy skier
172cm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have just bought a pair in Decathlon today with Look bindings for £149. Bargain! Like you I am struggling to find any reviews for the base model. I guess they must be ok, as the others get a good press.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHeads Laverda124. That's an absolute bargain.

Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For any one in the North West, Decathlon Stockport had loads of these left earlier this week. Not much else but probably 15 pairs of these.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy