Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

first time in St Anton end of feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I am new to this forum. Me and a friend will go to St Anton 23rd to 26th of February. Does anybody know the best places where to ski, eat and after-ski?

It was very difficult to get a place in the center so will stay further out in Pettneu, hope it is not the end of the world there? Embarassed

Any help / advice is apreciated Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hospitz Alms in St Christopher for lovely lunch.

Apres in Mooserwirt, Taps, and KK on slopes

Job done!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SwedishSnow, Did you get half board as there is not a great deal in terms of places to eat out especially if you are on a budget. Though I do remember one pizza restaurant.
Also, 5 years ago it was quite difficult getting a bus back there after 8.30pm. This may have changed, check out the info from the tourist office.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not much in Pettneu itself - pizza place, internet launderette (lol) and a (failry nice actually) 'old mans pub.' Taxi isn't too much to/from St Anton though, mornings/later afternoon (ie for skiing) busses are free and regular, so no probs. Middle of the day busses are less regular, if you have a big apres session you will probably need a bus as I don't think they run much between skiing times and the night bus service. Night bus service runs until 2am I think.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SwedishSnow, Our favourite areas to ski are stuben, rendl and lech basically because they are quieter than the main areas of st Anton and well pisted. Oberlech is a nice stop for lunch, as is stuben, the hospitz alm and a lot of places in fairness. No secret of all the good après places but do stop off at the griabli (accross from mooserwirt), underground on the piste and Kandahar to see gunar. Enjoy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for all the answers!

Spinout, we only have breakfast included, so we need lunch and dinner places every day. My friend has never skied before so she will need to take lessons, I am an intermediate skiier so the best would be if we left Pettneu in the morning and stayed out the whole day in St Anton, meeting up for lunch and apres and then taking the bus home again. At least this is my plan, dont know how well it will turn out in reality. We are not on a too tight budget, both of us work, but on the other hand skiing trips tend to get expensive so its of course good to find out the places where one gets good value for money Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SwedishSnow, I only know Pettneu because we walked there from St Anton on our day off a couple of times. I thought it was quite a cute village and I only wish I could remember the name of the lovely little restaurant we ate lunch in. It was on the main road through town anyway, right near to the bus stop where we caught the bus back to St Anton.

If you ever fancy it, you've got a small mountain at Pettneu itself to ski: http://www.skipettneu.com/de/winter/das-skigebiet/skipanorama/

It was never open the year we were there (terrible snow conditions), so we never got to try it out, but I'd love to read a report about it. But obviously I'd expect St Anton takes precedence, especially for just a 4-day trip!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SwedishSnow, I have skied the little area above Pettneu and its perfect for beginners not that you want to hear that as you will want to ski the main area.
If your friend is in ski school i would try and get together with a ski buddy, that's my personal preference. I would say that hiring ski gear in Pettneu is going to be (alot) cheaper than hiring in town.
Try these:
http://www.arlberg-panoramacamping.at/winterurlaub/skiverleih.php
http://www.sport2000rent.at/rent/?l=en
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks again for the good advise! Pettneu seems to be the place for my friend at least, and maybe one day of cross country skiing for us both Smile

Spinout, so how do I get a ski buddy? Just advertise here on the forum you mean?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SwedishSnow, Yes place a post saying you are looking for a ski buddy on the dates you are out and your level of skiing ability. I am sure you will have a great time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
we stayed in a cracking family run hotel one time in Pettnau(sorry can't remember the name) w ecouldn't find anywhere to stay in St Anton but the hotel ran 2 mini buses throughout the day back and forwards which was great. The restaurant food was par excellence and we were on half board terms. would stay back there in a blink of an eye. never did get to ski the local slopes though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy