Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Business trip win ;)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was sent to Vancouver Canada last week for a week, had sat and sun to myself to do a little exploring, I wasn't going to bother going skiing as I didn't really have the funds (just booked a week to Serre Chevalier starting 3rd march) so didn't take any ski stuff with (mistake number 1)...

Sat morning woke up about 2am (thanks jetlag), got bored, watched some ski video's and looked how much it would cost to go ski for a day and if I could hire clothes etc... Turns out, Grouse Mountain was about a 30min bus from my hotel and you can hire clothing (perfect!)... Got up about 7am, had a massive breakfast at the buffet, then started my journey to the mountain, was easy enough, had to catch the sea ferry across the water then get on a bus all the way to the mountain... Overall took about 10mins on ferry and 20mins on bus.... Got there, paid my $60 day lift pass, got up the mountain, hired ski's, poles, boots, jacket & trousers, had to buy some cheap'o gloves and goggles (DOH!) and all in, cost me about £120, that was my ticket to the mountain for the next 12 hours, so not bad when you think it's £10 an hour Wink

Anyway, had an awesome day, the mountain was much more than I was expecting, I was expecting really easy unchallenging terrain but I was in for a treat, they have a good number of runs to easily keep you happy for a day, a fairly decent park (I don't really ski park though) and some nice narrow wooded trails. All in, a great trip, the Canadians are very friendly and talked to quite a few on the lifts, if you're in the area for a short stop, its well worth a visit, probably just as much fun as a day in Whistler, plenty to explore and do and takes 1/4 the time it takes to whistler and you can ski till 10pm and still get a bus back into town whereas the whistler bus leaves about 5pm!

Great value for money Wink Only 4 weeks till my next ski trip (3 this year Very Happy)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some photos...

https://picasaweb.google.com/111426448507727877717/GrouseMountain

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
junglist_matty,

V nice. Cool

I was hoping for something similar a couple of years back, i.e. business trip to North America with me trying to squeeze boarding on the WE.. Then business trip was cancelled Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lucky you.

I had to go to Slough on a business trip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have to go to Aberdeen again in March so trying to blag the flights so that I can be there over a weekend and get some skiing in with some friends I have up there... Not quite Canada I know!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy