Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowsports For The Over 50's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Although over 50, and incomplete Sci,thinking of getting into some sort of snowsports, be it skiing, or snowsboarding - i put it down to a midlife crisis

Live in Herts, Anyone got any do's and don'ts

Cheers
Mel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do try winter sports.
Do read the posts here on snowHeads, there is lots of good info.
Do realise that many contributors to snowHeads are over 50 years old but age is not important.
Don't think of your age, skiing and snowboarding are great fun for any age.
Do look up The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead which is only 20 miles from your county town of Hertford. Ask them about learning to ski or board.

Do, please, explain what you meant by "incomplete Sci".
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
melc2446, stop thinking and ^^^ do all of the above! Good advice! You have a 20 year head start over some I know....

Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Adrian, Incomplete Sci -= incomplete spinal cord injury; the resultant disability can be variable.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys for the info. Not looking for way out of not doing it, but although getting interviews for jobs, currently living on state benefits - is either the skiing or the boarding expensive.

Well get in touch with Hemel tomorrow, and i live in St Albans, which is about 20 minute drive for me, infact, had heard of centre, but never knew where it was

Incomplete sci - see link http://www.spinal-injury.net/incomplete-sci.htm

Cheers again for help

Regards
Mel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
melc2446, get in touch with Disability Snowsports, the UK support organisation for disabled skiers. They might be able to offer you better advice with regard to taking up the sport.

This is their web address : http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi melc2446,

Best contact for Hemel would be Nick who also works for DSUK: nicholas@disabilitysnowsport.org.uk or 07792320583.

If you contact The Snow Centre directly is is likely they will redirect you to him anyway!

If you have any more Qs about what we do, please do get in touch with any of the team Smile

Best of luck getting started with your skiing adventure,

Charlie
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
“You don’t stop doing things because you get old. You get old because you stop doing things.”
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy