Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

England Feb 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing for an hour now in South Wiltshire. Maybe enough for a slide later this evening.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowing heavily on the Wilts Hants border snowploughs on A303 sliproads waiting to go.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just started settling here in Dorking. If we get what has been predicted could be good for a bit of skiing on Boxhill tomorrow, was up there on the mtb this morning and the grounds pretty well frozen solid (didn't have to clean the bike, best conditions for mtbing!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Raining in Poole. slow rain but still too warm here
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wet snow now. We have about 3-4 cm enough for a few slides in the dark using an 80s Honda trike for uplift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sleet here in Brighton
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philipb, according to the other thread, it's been snowing heavily on Leith Hill since about 7.30.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Freezing rain most of the day here in Warrington with lots of icicles hanging off the cars.

Big probs on the motorways though. We drove to Hyde this afternoon and by J9 (A556) in the M56 we noticed two cars on the hard shoulder (one on each carriageway) pointing the wrong way. Later, on the way home, we noticed another on its roof at exactly the same spot. The dip there must be a cold trap.

This evening the M6 is closed southbound at the junction with the M56 because of an accident.

Woodhead, Snake Pass and the Cat and Fiddle are all closed this evening due to snow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good 2-3 inches in Guiseley West Yorks, been out for a curry and glad I've got winter tyres this year - makes a huge difference Very Happy

Probably won't be cycling in the morning. Might have to see if It's Another World over Halifax / Ogden way is open Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Came back from Pontypool (oski training with Excel) to the Midlands this evening and the journey was, ahem, interesting. But it did start snowing when we arrived about midday...

Coming back the traffic on A40/M50 was light, and snow very wet: outside lane passible with care, and the traffic that was there was only doing around 40mph, so passed it no problem. Top of the M50 and I decided to take the A46 home (instead of M5/M42/M40) as that was bound to be more interesting!

And interesting it certainly was. Road pretty clear albeit snowy and slow until just before Stratford, where there was a bus stuck on the hill. Took the back road, and after waiting ten minutes for two cars to slither up that way, just drove straight past them. Hill out of Stratford towards Warwick was again interesting: a few lorries stuck on it, but no real hold up. Descent into Warwick (M40 junc) was clear in the outside lane at 30mph, but inside lane full of traffic only doing 20. Thank God (or insert alternative deity as required) for winter tyres.

Just been out for a wander, and now seem to have about 3"-4" of snow: watching the traffic (esp Audi's and BMWs) was hilarious! Pretty sure the kids wll be sledging/skiing at the local park tomorrow - I'm told football has already been cancelled (wimps!).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
B....ger; turned to rain now. Oh well at least we had a go.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have 2 inches here next to Canary Wharf in London. Winter tyres working well (and its a BMW).

Tempting to try my new skis in the local park and the nursery slope there. Watch for the thread on base repair if I do!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
deep in Nottingham, looking forward to going skiing in the morning on my e-bay purchases from last year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
approx 10cms now in Dorking, wettish snow but I reckon cold enough for it to hang around tomorrow. Looking forward to see how it looks in the morning.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Diverted landing at Manchester into Liverpool on way back from Munich after E
St Anton mega week, late bus transfer down motorway into Manchester airport, had to bail out and into Radisson Blu hotel for the night (ouch)......roads still closed by our place up in north Yorkshire, will try get home later this am.

Left 6m of snow in St Anton and all running perfect, 2-3" in this country and it's all grief. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Just spent last 2 hours clearing stable yard , can report a true 20cms of snow in The wilds of north west essex , the ploughs are out and a dog walk calls .

: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Managed to get out on the board and finally explore the steeps of the South Downs. Usually my southern riding is in the Ashdown forest or on the sledge piste at Jack and Jill near Ditchling.

The target was a 'corrie' just to the north west of Streat Hill 224m asl. The hill is about a kilometre east of Ditchling Beacon

Access via the B2116 and park at Streat Lane junction.

Ascended to the west of the heart shaped wood that is a visible landmark on the Downs in this area. Ascent was very steep. Snow was about four inches, moist but hanging on in there. it covers low scrub, sheep terraces, rabbit holes and low thorn bushes. The corrie is superb steep bowl that funnels down to an old barn and lime workings.

At the top I encountered a cornice that I had to cut through to get the 'summit'. About a metre of so of drift. I postholed to my waist at one point.

Descent was inelegant but thrilling. The snow was moist so heavy so a lot of sluff on the tip and tail of the board so difficult to swing turns smoothly. Tipturning got me round and a few falls happened. Lovely steep, steep riding. The decent to the end of the heart is 110m vertical in 140m. 38 degrees or 78%

Pics on the Winterhighland post

http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?21,2012-02-05
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy