Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

German ski shop selling stuff on ebay

Poster: A snowHead
I found this site that is selling new skis 05 and 06 models on ebay from Germany. The prices seem much cheaper than the ski shops in England. I was interested in the Elan SLX, but waiting to see how much they go for, as they don't have any 155.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZskiprofis

Do you think it's good value to buy new skis from abroad on ebay, if you can get the bindings adjusted correctly?
I've brought skis before from Germany on ebay, but a different shop and they asked about boot sole length, weight, and skiing ability to set up the bindings. They were great value less than a 1/3 of UK prices even with postage.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Elans do come in 165 which is race legal.

That Rossi helmet looks good at the current price too!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidb, I've used 'Sport Express' in Germany with no probs., even when the courier screwed up. But they do have their own website and shops. I can't find anything but an eBay shop for your supplier so the only thing to do if you want these skis (and I do too !!!! Luv'd them at MK) is to pay by CC and rely on the anti fraud conditions of your card . . . check with your card issuer first Shocked
If you buy them let us know how it works out 'cos I'm interested too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, I brought from them over a year ago and they were excellent, skis arrived in under a week and the binding where set up correctly. I am not sure that I'll buy any skis yet, I can't really justify getting a new pair of skis at the moment. Although there seems to be some good deals on ebay.
The seller has a shop (just found), and they have a large selection of skis from true race skis to all mountain skis.
http://www.ski-bilek.de/shop/shop.html
However, they do sell Elan SLX and GSX with bindings for 469 euros, but Salomon streetracer 10 with binding for 499 euros. Only a fool would pay more for the Salomons!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've purchased skis via ebay from ski-bilek with no problems in the past.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davidb, many thanks for this link - I've just picked up a bit of a bargain Little Angel

Also thanks to DB for reassurance that they are a genuine ebayer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, what you got ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, A new pair of last season's Rossi 9X WC, mounted with FKS 155 bindings. Approx £290 delivered.

Blush
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the link, just picked up some Head iXCR 800 for £180 what a bargain, they are £369 in S+R. remember delivery and they also charge 4% for using paypal but otherwise great company, well packaged and quick delivery.

Can wait to try them out

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rednipkin, the Head iXRC 800 should be a pretty good ski. Certainly it's big brother is.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can anyone tell me if the Fischer RX8 on the site are this season's or last season's?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
slikedges, they're the same ski either way, just slight cosmetic changes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just noticed that they're one of the few places you can buy Rossi race skis and not the punter 'oversize' kit. I think Martin Bell had some thoughts about the differences in last year's DMS&S mags
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
Just noticed that they're one of the few places you can buy Rossi race skis and not the punter 'oversize' kit. I think Martin Bell had some thoughts about the differences in last year's DMS&S mags

Snow&Rock carry the WC versions of the 9X and the 9S.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc gledhill, are you sure it's just cosmetic? I don't remember them making such an impact in last year's reviews or did I just not notice Puzzled
snow report
slikedges, I think a GS ski got some serious raves and referred back to similar joys about another Rossi race ski in a prior issue . . . I tend not to buy the mag (and certainly don't keep it) so my memory's fuzzy on this . . . oddly, it was the SX review that persuaded me to take a punt on the Atomic SX10s . . . circular logic, hence where I keep my head rolling eyes
snow report
slikedges, That's what the Fisher Rep said at the Castleford ski test.
ski holidays
marc gledhill, thanks
latest report
My new skis just arrived. Not bad for an eBay purchase from Germany: auction ended Monday night; Tuesday morning I emailed info for the binding setup, chose what binding I wanted and paid by PayPal; skis arrived Thursday lunchtime Smile Once again, thanks for pointing out this dealer.

If anyone is looking for cheap skis I think you can bid with confidence on this guy's eBay auctions. I see he has just put up for auction a new pair of B2s from last season...
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Good to hear that your kit arrived safely. The prices on there are sooo enticing. They don't give out the info about using paypal in the page info though (at least not where I was looking), and I came across a list of countries they will deliver to for one item, and against GB was a NO Puzzled
All a bit confusing to me wink
snow conditions
snowbunny, for the item that I bid on it did state that PayPal was acceptable for countries other than Germany (normally cheque or bank transfer are only methods of paying). As for shipping it said mainland UK was €26, but no delivery to islands (I assumed he meant Channel Islands, Hebrides, Man, etc). These two bits of info were the only parts written in English, so perhaps you were focusing on the German? As Rednipkin said above, there is a small surcharge if you pay using PayPal, but this was cheaper than making an international bank transfer.
ski holidays
davidb,If you're looking for Elan SLX's 2005/6 model in all sizes including 155's, have a look at www.gbrsports.co.uk they are the Elan distributors and have been supplying them to race clubs through this summer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy