Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anyone purchase their ski passes online

Poster: A snowHead
I've been asked by the group to purchase passes in advance however I can't see the benefits except waiting in queues

Are there any other benefits, cheaper? off to Tignes next Friday
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1969jma, I always reserve my season pass online to ensure the 50% discount is secured.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1969jma, You may still have to queue to collect them anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you keep the passes you can top-up online so no pick up or queuing Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1969jma, I have recharged my ski pass online in the past. IMHO is sometimes better to do this in resort as the local conditions may affect what you actually purchase.
At busy periods it may save you queuing in resort. It's never been cheaper online than in resort.
Have good holiday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I tend to do it to either take advantage of early season discounts or avoid queueing in resort. It can also help spread the cost of the holiday if you play the credit card bill date game that we play chez Spannah.

Also we're developing a collection of passes to top up online in the future.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The benefit is not having to queue.

It sounds like you're going at half term (as we always end up doing). I've known our friends having to queue for over an hour when they didn't book online. And 'Queue' is a polite description. It looked more like a scrum to me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1969jma, what time will you arrive in resort?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Always buy online. We take account of any early purchase discounts, or if with a large group, we 'juggle' families to maximise the discounts with some of the kids taking on a new surname for the week! Then we get them posted back to Blighty or direct to our chalet. Never had to queue or waste time with so much else to do when arriving in resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IIRC you buy your lift pass from a machine in Tignes. You approach said machine, press lots of buttons, insert credit card and the lift pass drops out underneath. I cannot recall queueing.

I used to buy my lift passes and recharge them online but I cannot work out how with this new Nirvanalp system in Les Arcs so I go into the lift pass office.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just recharged 4 lift passes from 2 years ago for Flaine online. Seemed painless and it should mean we can just turn up and ski but I guess I'll find out one week on Sunday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always buy online for North American trips because it's always cheaper. I never buy online for European trips because there's never a discount and I'm not inclined to let someone have free use of my money while I take on the risk that something might disrupt my travel plans and make the purchase worthless.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's worth doing whatever you need to do to avoid wasting time in queues - which can be very long at peak times.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peak season conversation:

Silly woman: I've been in this queue for an hour, it's ridiculous, you should have more staff/build more ticket windows/give me priority because I'm a mad old bat etc etc.

Cashier: Terribly sorry, how dreadful, agree it's the end of the world as we know it. We do have an online sales system and will post your passes to you next time if you like, thereby avoiding this absolutely appalling situation.

Silly woman: (in superior fashion) Oh, I haven't got time to play with the internet.

Cashier: *thinks* You've got time to waste standing a queue for over an hour when you're supposed to be on holiday though. You mad old bat.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought them online last year for Avoriaz and when we got there none of them worked. Internet?? said the liftie scathingly and refused to let us on.
Thankfully we had a private lesson the same day (our first time away) and our instructor took it up with the lift pass office (only the main office could do anything with them), who apparently tried to argue that we must have damaged them by keeping them close to our phones or something... did eventually replace them though but 2 stopped working during the week and had to be replaced again.

Am trying again with Les Arcs passes though as I really don't want to traipse off to queue up at half term with the rest of the world on day 1 of my holiday, unless of course they don't work.....
latest report
I have our passes sent to the uk before i go
snow conditions
Recharge them on line, just put the pass numbers in and pay, before a date in december to get nice cheap GM season passes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and cheap insurance as well

Saves standing in the queue and just go and get our discount vouchers sheet sometime at the end of a skiing day at the gondola
snow report
Mosha Marc, 8am in Tignes
snow conditions
vickitav, our season passes failed last year on their first trip through the lift gates. Excuse-we had started our skiing in the wrong place. Shocked . Replacing seemed to take ages.
snow report
Buying ours 'online' this year through the chalet company so we can collect them when we check in - as its a ski in/out apartment we won't need to go and find the lift pass office (hopefully)

The company gives a 10% discount, unfortunately not off the family pass - but 4 individual ones through them is cheaper than the family pass so its not costing any extra.
ski holidays
As Carroz, we just recharge them online for Flaine to get the cheap season passes - never had a problem
Also just bought some for friends - new passes arrived within 3 days to their UK address
Saves standing in queues + you can get on your skis straight away
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy