Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance: personal liability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I expect this may have been covered elsewhere, but here goes:

I have single trip insurance for skiing on my credit card but it doesn't include off-piste. So I have looked at the SCGB offer but it doesn't include personal liability. If I were to collide with another person on the slopes and it was found to be my fault, do I presume I would not be covered for any claim against me or does it mean something else?

Direct Travel, on the other hand, does include personal liability (£2million as I recall). It also covers off-piste, but with the following caveat that it is not "against local authority or resort management advice". What does that mean in reality - skiing without a guide, when the avalanche risk is any higher than 1, or that your level of skill is appropriate for the terrain and conditions...?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would contact provider directly for clarification. It sounds as if it is covering them for the event that if avalanche warningings have been issued and flags flown by resort then the insurance will not cover you..... Check out BASI snowsportsinsurance.com for an alternative- they also cover off piste and you don't have to be a member to get a quote.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin Bell, The standard SCGB policy includes personal liability up to £2 million, where were you looking ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Like geepee said. It does include personal liability (ie like motoring" third party"). All of them do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, no, we have discussed this elsewhere, there is one which specifically excludes PL in some circumstances
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee, snowball, holidayloverxx, apologies, I have double checked and Category I Acceptable sports and leisure activities are indeed covered. It is Categories 2 - 4 (Hazardous sports and leisure activities) which are not. Thanks for your help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy