Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel or Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads,

This is my first time in the website and in this forum and I need help.

In March I will be travelling to Austria and I will be skiing for the first time but I can’t decide on either going to Kitzbühel or Zell am See. Reading their websites, I have to tell that Zell am See caught my attention, but I know that Kitzbühel does not fall behind, especially after reading as many reviews as I have.

So, for a freshman in the slopes like me, what do you guys recommend??

I will be travelling alone, so having something to do besides the sport is ok, but I don't need an extreme nightlife. So, as far as après-ski goes, I think that both seems satisfying. But this is just based on my readings.

Also, if you guys can recommend any ski schools or even hotels that would be great Smile In Zell am see I checked the hotel Seehof and the Allmountain ski school and in Kitz the Black sheep and the Astoria hotel (although I have read is not quite near the town center).

Can't wait for your replies.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Luana, and welcome to snowHead

There are several Austrian resorts that are well suited to beginners but I'll try to stick to the ones you mention. Zell is in a beautiful setting, and is a popular summer destiantion/resort due to it's lake side setting. The skiing is relatively limited which will you suit you being a beginner you don't need miles and miles of piste. Although Zell isn't that high in altitude you have the option of visiting the Kaprun area which has a glacier ont he same pass it's 20-30 mins on a bus and if the snow is poor at low altitude Kaprun can get very busy.

Kitzbuhel is a far larger area, similar altitude but the resort is a little higher, very pretty medieval walled town with plenty of non-ski activities. More lively apres ski than Zell but Zell isn't lacking either. Although Kitz doesn't have immediate access to a glacier you should be fine in March, it does have allot of slopes that hold their snow very well particualry in the pass Thurn area.

If you can get some ski lessons on either an indoor or outdoor slope before you take your holiday it will make all the difference when you get out there. Actually for absolute beginners I'd recommend some other Austrian resorts before wither of these. I'll be in Kitz 2 weeks on Saturday.

Hope this has helped.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Luana, the advantage of either is that if for some reason you or someone in your party doesn't like skiing (I know but you wouldn't be the first and definitely not the last) there is plenty else to do.

Otherwise Grizwald has summed them up pretty well.

I know Zell am See well, Seehof is in a good location and gets a good name, never heard of the ski school though?

Don't know Kitzbuhel so well, I have heard of Black Sheep but just one comment which was, to be fair, good. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it helped a lot Razz

To get to another resort before is quite difficult. I live in brazil which is kind far away to any snow at the moment NehNeh LOL

I think I will go to kits them. At least if I discover that skiing is not my thing I know that there are plenty of stuff to try.

Any ski schools that you guys recommend?? I read about black sheep and element3
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks b]robboj[/b] for your reply as well. I actually know one of those people that didn't enjoyed skiing, but I don't that this will be my case. But anyway, is good to be prepared Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, It would seem Luana, is travelling alone.

Luana, Yes I can imagine it's difficult getting any ski practice in Brazil! Shocked Very Happy There are several indoor slopes in the UK with artifical snow that many call 'fridges' they're a good tool for getting complete novices on their feet so to speak before going on holiday. It saves time and money for first timers.

Ski school wise I've been looking at Black Sheep for lessons for my girlfriend, the large local school is called the Red Devils. If you're travelling alone it would be a great way to meet other like minded people. Do you plan just to come for a week? If you'll be going for longer you can get a pass that allows you to ski several areas on the same pass, which include Zell, Kitz, Saalbach, and the SkiWelt area just to name a few. No need for someone in their first week but if you're there longer it may be nice after finding your skis legs to see a few different resorts as it's a long way for you to come.

I think you'll enjoy Kitz, loads of non-ski stuff to do.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im staying for less than a week actually. Im staying for 5 days, but probably only 4 days of skiing. The rest of my vacations I will be traveling around Budapest, Bratislava and vienna.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy