Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll Ski Rental advise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of us are heading to Soll for a few days of ski fun . We are all happy intermediates (some happier than others). We are looking to rent skis.
We usually pre book skis before hand, with varying degrees of success and are thinking that this time we might try a walk in as we arrive mid-day on a Saturday.
Has anyone a recommendation for a ski hire shop in Soll? Also what exactly should we be looking for to know if the ski we are getting are decent? (outside of general rule of length, and seeing that the edges are sound) i.e should we be checking the spinginess etc? (we only have 3 days on the slopes so hoping to get a few pointers to help narrow down the selection. I know everyone is different, and no one rule fits all)

I would appreciate any input.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only one answer - Edinger Sport - under the Gondola - tell them what kind of skier you are and they will keep you right. They have ski garage there too - worth it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
will keep it in mind. thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slev, defo Edinger, we pre booked their ski's and boots and it was cheaper than just walking in. They really know their stuff and pleasant friendly guys, very efficient. Plus best location for storage, your boots are warm in the morning.................have fun Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will look into Edinger Sport.(thanks E and Z)
I think the ski locker is a must (Nancy Sinatra wasn't singing about ski boots after all.)
Any tips regards what we should be looking out for skis?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Slev, Another vote for Edinger.Top notch service,and really knowledgeable guys.They will sort you out no problem.Frankly,I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else(not that you have too many choices anyway).And,for a group,they will crack you a deal anyway Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Emailed the folks in Edinger. They replied very quivk, and will match internet prices. So fair play. Thanks for the heads up.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Slev, You will not be disappointed......have fun snowHead

Quick tip.As you only have 3 days,you will want to max your skiing.Spend half a day on the Soll area,then head off towards Brixen as it goes on for miles.Quickest route is up the second gondola,but you face a short,sharp,and often icy black Shocked If you're not comfortable with that,take chair No4(to the left of the 1st gondola)and,as you near the top,you will spot a road going under the chair and away to your left.This will lead you to chair No6,and away into the Brixen area.Be wary of the piste map(and the signage),as its not the best,and can be a bit confusing Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Slev, When you off Slev? We are there this coming saturday and cannot wait Very Happy
snowskisnow, Really useful info for Brixen, I am sure we went there a couple of years ago, sadly my map reading skills for Soll are dire so I am gonna write down your tip as I loved it there...thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy