Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cormayeur weekend middle of March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone - thinking about a weekend trip to Cormayeur with my OH. He is good and I am an intermediate but not a brave one! (just back from Meribel and was able to keep up with the others on some fo the nicer reds). What are the runs like in Cormayeur and are there any nasties to watch out for?
any other tips re apres/ eating would also be much appreciated!
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rachelski, Welcome to snowHeads. Courmayeur is nice but small, so should be OK for a weekend. The runs are reasonably steep for an "intermediate" (so are well all!) but even the blacks are within limits for most. There is a nice little town with plenty of eating options, not forgetting the free snacks at the Bar Roma. I believe the big attraction is not the pistes, as such, but the off-piste, which is above my pay grade, so I cannot comment.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite a long time since my trip to Courmayeur but I'd definitely recommend it for a weekend trip. I remember quite a few reds but they weren't that difficult and even the black I tried wasn't bad. There is a lovely long tree lined blue run round the back with a great mountain cafe half way down. I liked the town and had some good evenings out there (and a little too much grappa Laughing ) I'd say the only drawback is having to trudge with skis to the cable car each morning to access the ski area. We stayed in a small hotel near the cable car and had most meals there. I'd imagine there would be a good choice of places to eat in town and there are some great mountain cafes for lunch.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rachelski, as Chris Bish describes it's not a big ski area, easily covered in a day but with lots of variety. It's mostly red, I can only recall 4 blue runs and 4 black. A couple of the blues are very easy and the blacks are OK but worth noting that 'Dell'Orso' is mostly left unpisted. The reds are all true reds, I liked Gigante and Gabba best. The very top part of the run from the Youla cable car is quite steep for a red, easily as steep as the blacks, but it's only a short section and has a long run off.

Courmayeur is a lovely town with plenty to do off the slopes. Most of the hotels that aren't near the cable car base station run shuttle buses to and from the gondolas at Dolonne or Val Veny. Enjoy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from Courmayeur and have been before a few years ago. Have to agree with the posts above.

The thing to watch out for is that both the big cable car and the Dolonne gondala leave from the same place meaning that all skiers ski back to the same place. This either leaves the run icy or cut up and slushy depending on the weather. Nothing serious, just something to remember when you are tired and on your run home and it can't really be avoided unlike some other resorts which have a number of home runs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a great weekend a few years ago. Skiing should keep you both happy reds and most blacks not too difficult (one or two bumpy blacks I recall). Town has some great restaurants. Bar Roma is fab - if you're on a budget then you could easily stock up for the night on the free Apres snacks.

If money is not an issue we stayed here http://www.hotelmontblanc.it. Really nice place and a shuttle bus to the ski lifts.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you everyone this is all really useful- the resort sounds lovely and like the idea of bar roma! i am going to book flights now and have found a few hotels that are available. getting excited now!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should be great. Enough skiing - of all sorts - to be entertaining, great views of Mont Blanc, nice old town, good restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets, plus a decent lift system, once you have got there from the town, though our hotel included a lift to the lifts, and there are ski buses. Sounds great to me!

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mmmm... Bar Roma. Simply gorgeous free food spreads.

Love the resort, the ski area's not huge, but I think there's a nice bit of variety which makes up for it - perfect for a weekend in my opinion.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a pizza restaurant that offers free meals --- oooohh, I've said too much already wink Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you're going for a late booking - definately keep an eye on the weather. If its warming up, then heading back to the cable car down (the only way) is really not pleasant. Loads of slushy stuff and often quite a long wait.

On the other hand you can (I think) get a shuttle to La Thuile (may even be included on the lift pass?) and that's well worth a day out.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The shuttle (well, real live bus ride really) to La Thuile is only free if you have a lift pass for 3 days or more. Some of the drivers check too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy