Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going (ski welt)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After missing out on westendorf deal I had my eye on I'm now looking at Soll are but other end of valley. A hotel in between Going and Ellmau.

Cant see much reviews here, any Soll heads got reviews and thoughts. Is it easy to get over to Soll and possibly even westendorf from Going??

If anyone else is in the area 18th feb - 25th let me know, could do with a ski buddy for a few days!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Westendorf Going and back including long dinner easily done in a day, probably quicker to Soll.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to ski back down to resort in ellmau or going. I read here there can be queues down via lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The whole SkiWelt is easy to get about. Going to Westendorf is no problem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr White, would the hotel be the Brandlhof (or something similar)? If it is then it is not easy to ski back to because it is the other side of the main road linking all the Ski Welt villages on that side of the system.

Saying that it is easy enough to get to and from the ski area, either by walking across to the Going chair and then linking down to the Hartkaiserbahn in Ellmau. There are also frequent buses linking the various areas. Just because it is on the main road does not mean it is noisy by the way. That road goes very quiet over night once the day trippers have disappeared!

If it is the Brandlhof, then PM Alex_Heney as he has stayed there also on a last minute special deal and he had a great time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to Soll. The Ski Welt area is plenty big enough and as long as all the lifts/runs are open it links all the resorts which is great for the adventurous! Have fun!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The hotel Samerberg Sue is thinking of is the Blattlhof but, as she says, alex_heney is the man with experience of it.

It is normally possible to ski down to Ellmau and Going (but the Blattlhof is, as Sue said, some way from the slopes and would probably mean taking the bus - in ski gear it is quite a way to walk to the Astberg lift in Going).

The SkiWelt is all well connected but how far you manage in a day depends a good deal on your own skiing as well as other factors like how long you ski each day, how busy the lifts are, etc. Starting usually maybe around 10:30 I find Going to Söll and back makes for a pretty full day. Skiing across to Westendorf doesn't leave much time for hanging around.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr White, I shall be in the Ski Welt that week too. Will have to say hello and catch a few runs. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As Samerberg Sue, and espri say, if it is the Blatthof, I stayed there three years ago.

As they said, the hotel is the other side of the main road from the ski area, but there is an underpass and a footpath which takes about 7-08 minutes (in ski boots) to walk up to the Astberg lift. If you ski down in Going and the snow is good at village level, then it is possible to ski back down that path to the road, I did several times (and that was in March).
This

It is quite reasonable to start from Going and ski to Soll and back in a day, although if you don't want to start in Going, the ski bus which stops outside the hotel will take you to the Ellmau base station.

The hotel itself is lovely, with good (and plentiful) food, a pleasant area by reception for relaxing by a fire, and a separate bar. It also has a good wellness area. And my single room was huge. The length of it had the en-suite, followed by the length of the bed, then a decent 2-seat settee with the length in the same direction as the bed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr White, have you booked yet? There is sooo much snow there just now. Drove through ski welt on the way to Salzburg from Niederau a couple of weeks ago. The whole area looked so well linked up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all

Not booked as neilson website stopped working just as i was about to book. By the next day it had sold out Sad

Contacted the hotel directly to see if they have any rooms.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy