Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bus from Claviere to Montgenèvre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I've looked through the forums, but can't find an answer to this...Is there a ski-bus from Claviere to Montgenèvre? I can't quite work out from the piste map if it's easy to ski over, so wondering if there's a bus I can get there and back.

Many thanks,
J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my daughter is not very confident so we skied down the valley (from the end of Pharoh) from M to C and then came back down the red marked 99a, i think it was only red as it was only tractor track type width, and we managed the 30 section where i crosses the black 99 with no problem
i don't think there is a bus
but if you walk from C to the Montiquitaine lift that takes you to an easy green(Suffin) back to M
I think most people go across the top route of Roche D;iaigle for the M to C route
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There isn't a bus, as far as I know, but it is quite easy to ski in both directions. As cockerhoop, says, the run from the top of the upper chair is pretty straightforward.

Coming back is a bit steeper as you have to take red 20, which is quite sharp. On the other hand, you can ski along the footpath that links Claviere and Montgenevre. It is gently downhill going back to Claviere. Probably only about a 20 minute walk, even in ski boots.

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for the replies. So, it's pretty straightforward. I was trying to work out which ski pass to get, I rekon one that covers Claviere to Montgenèvre looks the best bet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes. I think it is called the "Monts di Lune" pass. It gives you one day in Via Lattea anyway, but to get there is not simple. From Claviere, you take the two lifts to the top. Turn left down a steep red and schuss like fury to get up a bank to a chair down. You have to take your skis off. There is a blue way down, but it is not recommended. Another chair down (skis on this time) gets you to the bottom in Cesana, where you take a long gondola to the middle of San Sicario. Nice skiing over there, but a lot of lifts and time to get there (at least 40 minutes -and you come back the same way.)
To get to Sestriere (which is good) you need to get up to the top Poma and through the perspex tunnel to take the long gondola down. My point is that you are right in wanting the Claviere/Montgeneve pass as it is a lot of lifts to use the Via Lattea one.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is also possible to go the back way from M to C from the top of the Serre Thibaud lift using the Baisses blue run
only problem is to access the main Claviere slops you have to walk through the village
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you can easily ski in both directions using the lifts / runs as suggested above

coming from claviere you can make the cut across the black a lot easier if you make sure you follow the red round
the red splits just before it hits the black and there is a lower loop, that makes it easier.

exit from the top most lift ( near the ice ring) turn right, and follow it across and you cannot go wrong - very easy to follow.

if you do hit the black , and are unsure it is nice and wide so just treat it as a series of long traveres back and forth to exit on the red.

if you walk it its less than 10 mins centre to centre on the road, and about the same if you go on ski's via the nordic route just under the road.

it really cheap in a taxi too - expecially if there are a few of you.

The baisses blue run is terrible - very narrow and covered in crud ( well it is every time i have used it in the last three trips there
apart from one day when it snowed heavily the previous 24 hours, then it was just narrow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Baisses is lovely and wide where it starts at Alphet but agree towards Claviere it is little more than a track with a few flat bits
and to get to Montiquittaine it is best to use the bottom of the Soleil black run
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No bus, but an easy walk or ski.

The run from Claviere to Montgenevre (from the top of Col Boeuf) has been widened this season, making it easier for novice skiers. Still need to be able to do a blue. Way back across the golf course is easy, as long as the snow isn't sticky.

You can't use the Baisse blue anymore as cockerhoop mentioned. They have changed the chairlift and slope structure there, making it very hard indeed to get to Claviere that way.

The ski pass you want is Monts de la Lune or Monte della Luna.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy