Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort for conditions for long weekend 22/25 March in Europe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Want to surprise missus with weekend away toward end of season but I'm abit worried about snowcover. I usually go in Jan/Feb so its not a problem.

Ideal plan is early flight into Geneva, Zurich or Munich, hire car, drive 2hrs, on slopes for lunchtime. And on way back, ski for morning leave resort at 2.30-3.00 & return to airport.

I've been looking at going high so 3V, Morzine, St Anton etc?

Have you guys any pearls of wisdom?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James the Last, is absolutely right of course. However. given your brief, I would suggest Laax - less than 2 hours from ZRH, 70% of pistes over 2000m altitude so reasonably snow sure, and plenty of options for stays that aren't the conventional Sat-Sat. Lenzerheide might also be worth a look. Given the amount of snow I can see out of my window at the moment, chances are looking reasonable that anywhere will still have decent-ish conditions unless temps hit +10 for the next month or two (actually more like -10 at village level here from Friday on)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As eng_ch says, there should be good snow in most places, still, given the enormous amounts around at the moment - however, Morzine isn't high. The Swiss suggestions sound good - you need to be guided by where you can get nice accommodation for the weekend - more difficult in France, as a rule.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laax has a coach transfer to & from Zurich airport and accomodation right at bottom of godola - ideal for quick weekend break.

off piste (not literal) suggestion Ljubliana - Krvavec - you can be on the slopes within 45 minsd of leaving airport and sleep in an igloo.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lads & Lassies Thank you all for suggestions! Never even thought of Switzerland. Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rofno1, but two of your suggested airports are in Switzerland!!

It's expensive though, because of the exchange rate.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rofno1, Geneva/Morzine/Avoriaz.
Transfer, save the hiring time and hassle.
May be a little biased Blush
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy