Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches - Restaurant suggestions please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Can the Les Coches regulars/locals suggest a couple of venues for a 3 night work trip later this week. Group of c 20, budget not major issue, middle aged but can be lary when watered... Mixed gender but about a 70:30 male:female split. Most experienced apres skiers!

1. First night relaxed bar/snacks/restaurant. The group are not all arriving at the same time (will be drip fed in during the evening) we are just looking for a venue which can serve food until late, fairly informally with good bar atmosphere as excitement will be high at this point

2. For subsequent 2 nights looking for good restaurants with varied menu - not just savoyarde. Got to be a decent size to accommodate everyone close to each other and a restaurant who doesn't mind a rather loud group!

3. Apres ski bar for post piste antics

Spending will be high on all fronts !

Also not too far to walk from Pierre & Vacances La Marelle please!

Thanks muchly in advance..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
frogslegs, even though I've been to Les Coches twice in the last year, I didn't use the bars and restaurants but I thought I would reply anyway as it will bump your post and maybe give a small amount of advice.

Les Coches isn't very big. Though you are staying at the edge it will only be a 10 minute walk down to the "square" below the Plan Bois chair lift. This is where most of the bars and restaurants are. The only bar I've been in is The Last One and I think that it is a good one, very relaxed. It is at the end of the row of shops just past the supermarket. There is a cavern bar, perhaps called the Yeti, which I think can be more lively. There is a nice looking restaurant "out the back of the square" next to the tourist information. In the square there are a couple of places with terraces. Basically there isn't loads of choice and so it won't take you long to suss them out when in situ Happy

Not sure Les Coches was the ideal pick for your group Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For a nice restaurant I'd recommend La Poya next to the tourist office - nice mix of Savoyard and other options with a really good chef.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

Thanks for the feedback and the concern but its all good!

I've been to Les Coches before but not to eat or drink, just inspect residences!! It'll be fine for this group, they are not turned on by big named resorts and they certainly don't need nightclubs! Its an annual travel industry event, which likes to see a diverse range of of places.

My main reason for asking is because some of them arrive before me so I need to give them a central point on the first night where we can all eat but at staggered times. Plus past experience says it's better to give restaurants a couple of days notice to book bigger groups if you want good service plus they won't all want to eat tartiflette and raclette (well, at least not more than once....) I've had some suggestions but I was hoping for some unbiased advice on here which I will I hope help me decide between the 'official' suggestions!

Anyone else?

Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy