Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alvoriaz/Morzine any good? Chalet recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I must apologise for not being on the forum for some time Embarassed

Alvoriaz/Morzine has been suggested to me for our March trip that I'm organising, but I know nothing about the place. If anyone can give me an overview and any recommended chalets, that would be great.

I don't even know if Alvoriaz/Morzine is one resort, or two places in the same valley! We're after a good to high quality catered chalet, there will be 6 of us, 2 couples and 2 singles (all in our 30's)

Thanks all.. hope you are all enjoying the fresh snow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Two different resports, same linked lift pass area.

Morzine has loads of good chalets, but an awful lot are a very long way away from the slopes and require being picked up and dropped off at a lift in the morning/evening. If you want to be within walking distance of the slopes this narrows it down a bit.

Avoriaz is mainly apartments and hotels (although someone might know of some chalets up there) its a purpose built resort and all ski in ski out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Kat..

We are open to other resorts, just trying to avoid the 3V's, as we've been there 3-4 times on the trot & fancy something different.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If open to other resorts, you can do a lot worse than Tignes... Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You should try on chalets direct .com - post up your requirements and people come back to you with suggestions.

I'm just back from Morzine and stayed with a company called Mountain Moments (my third time in the same chalet) - based a walkable mile outside of Morzine town and impeccable service - transfer service to any lift you want, complimentary ski guiding offered, outdoor hottub, transfers and packed lunches included in price and food was lovely.

Morzine's great for the whole range of abilities, and the town itself has enough bars and restaurants to keep you entertained in the evenings.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try trailalpine.co.uk ... easy going & always friendly
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
europa, if you were going to search anywhere then don't forget that it's 'Avoriaz' wink

Rois1980's suggestion sounds good. Morzine would give you the best of both worlds (IMO).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
europa, Its a great area and you will have fun. If you want a Chalet then it will be in Morzine (Note Les Gets is also linked) as others said Avoriaz is a purpose built concrete place.

There are a few snowHead on here with Chalets that will be along in a short while.... Plus others out there doing the season
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
europa, Morzine/Avoriaz will do you well. Our B&B in Morzine will not as we have no double beds for your couples.
Could try Challenge-activ at Chalet Flori www.challenge-activ.com under new ownership this year but still owner run.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm.. we haven't found anything yet - if anyone knows of a great catered chalet in Portes du Soleil, we need 5 bedrooms (7 people).
Big lounge, hot tub, thanks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about www.highlife.ie they have some cracking chalets in morzine most with hot tubs and other luxuries...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Best chalet of all time ever in the world that there is: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63900

Morzine is basically the town at the bottom of the hill, you get in a bubble up to Avoriaz and the main ski area. No massive advantage to being in either IMO, as long as there are runs open from Avoriaz down to the bubble (which there will be at that time of year)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Monium, unfortunately it's fully booked.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
europa, Try putting your request on Chalets Direct the Solutions room Specify what you want and see who offers.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi europa, I organised a trip for 7 to moraine in January and stayed with Alpine Navigations at chalet musadiere and the whole trip was brilliant. Couple of minutes walk to both the main lifts and the same into the centre of the resort. Would highly recommend!

Give Richard a call on the contact details at http://www.alpinenavigations.com/
snow report
This is not actually in Morzine or Avoriaz but is connected by the free busses. I thought MontriondSkier would have been along to suggest it, I have not stayed there but it looked nice. When we stayed in Morzine we often took the bus past here to get into the skiing at Ardent as it was much quicker in to the main area than taking the super Morzine Bubble and all the links to get over to Avoriaz.

Maybe worth a look

www.morzinesnow.com -
latest report
Ski Morzine is another good chalet operator to try
snow report
Seems a lot of the suggestions are all booked up. I think it's a French school holiday - that doesn't help.
rolling eyes
ski holidays
Sugar Mountain have two chalets in Morzine and have been great for us this week.
snow report
if you arent fixed yo try freedomski.co.uk they run 2 catered chalets, whilst not ski in ski out very close to bus stops which are really regular & they also have a driver service. Hot tubs, fabulous food & wine, wonderful hosts, newly renovated & smart. Not the cheapest option but I would say one of the best in Morzine. Avoriaz isnt too pretty so wouldnt stay there & Les Gets is at the other end so would make skiing Avoriaz a bit of a pain as would need to bus part of it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy